Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me find a book!

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:10 AM
  • 36 Replies
I read it in the 70's. It had a girl named or nicknamed Mouse. There may have been a firehouse or fireman in it. This is all I can remember other than I really loved it. I would love to find it and am not having luck in my search.
by on Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terra221
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:26 AM
Bump
momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:28 AM
Omg.
Is it the Witch series? Witch’s Sister, Witch Water? If it is I’m gonna freak out. I’ll tell u why later.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:30 AM
Was it a children's book?
terra221
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:31 AM
Nope, but tell me why your freaking.

Quoting momtolittleg: Omg.
Is it the Witch series? Witch’s Sister, Witch Water? If it is I’m gonna freak out. I’ll tell u why later.
terra221
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:32 AM
Yes, but a chapter book.

Quoting bmw29: Was it a children's book?
momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
For literal decades I searched for a book from my childhood. Not constantly, but whenever something would remind me. I could only remember that it has to do with a witch as a next door neighbor. Google searches and bookbinders came up empty. Until last week I read the name Marjorie and it struck a chord so I renewed my search and found the effing book! I was so excited. Turns out Marjorie’s nickname is Mouse. I ordered the book off Amazon and was so glad to read it and see how much I remembered. Now I want to read the rest of the series but the books are $10 each and our libraries only have a couple of them.

Quoting terra221: Nope, but tell me why your freaking.

terra221
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:54 AM
Yeah, that would have been weird!

Quoting momtolittleg: For literal decades I searched for a book from my childhood. Not constantly, but whenever something would remind me. I could only remember that it has to do with a witch as a next door neighbor. Google searches and bookbinders came up empty. Until last week I read the name Marjorie and it struck a chord so I renewed my search and found the effing book! I was so excited. Turns out Marjorie’s nickname is Mouse. I ordered the book off Amazon and was so glad to read it and see how much I remembered. Now I want to read the rest of the series but the books are $10 each and our libraries only have a couple of them.

terra221
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:55 AM
It was a chapter book, probably geared towards a tween audience.

AliasKat
by on Apr. 21, 2018 at 12:00 PM

I remember that book too. I can still picture the cover.

Quoting momtolittleg: For literal decades I searched for a book from my childhood. Not constantly, but whenever something would remind me. I could only remember that it has to do with a witch as a next door neighbor. Google searches and bookbinders came up empty. Until last week I read the name Marjorie and it struck a chord so I renewed my search and found the effing book! I was so excited. Turns out Marjorie’s nickname is Mouse. I ordered the book off Amazon and was so glad to read it and see how much I remembered. Now I want to read the rest of the series but the books are $10 each and our libraries only have a couple of them.
Quoting momtolittleg: Omg. Is it the Witch series? Witch’s Sister, Witch Water? If it is I’m gonna freak out. I’ll tell u why later.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 21, 2018 at 12:08 PM
How sure are you of the mouse nickname? Do you remember any other plot points?

Quoting terra221: It was a chapter book, probably geared towards a tween audience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)