Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think deadbeat parents will ever come around?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I would like to hear some positive stories of deadbeat parents coming back into the child’s life. I know it’s highly unlikely, but it happens.. do you think people finally grow up and mature when they decide to come around their children?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2018 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2018 at 10:52 PM
My dad didn't until I was 24, and then it was for about 2 years. He fell back into his pattern. Now I see him about 4 times a year and talk to him about every 6 weeks, that's if I call him.
goatmom4
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2018 at 10:53 PM
I doubt they will
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2018 at 10:57 PM
Do you hold anger towards him?

Quoting Anonymous 2: My dad didn't until I was 24, and then it was for about 2 years. He fell back into his pattern. Now I see him about 4 times a year and talk to him about every 6 weeks, that's if I call him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 22, 2018 at 11:01 PM
Nope.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2018 at 11:18 PM
I have a little hope, I keep telling myself my sons father might wake up one day and realize what he’s missing. But it’s 20/80.

Quoting goatmom4: I doubt they will
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2018 at 11:18 PM
I feel the same, but I have a little hope

Quoting Anonymous 3: Nope.
krazymom2boyz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2018 at 11:22 PM
My grandpa was a god awful dad to my mom. He was an alcoholic who choose his newest fling over my mom all the dang time. He was married 7 times! When i was born, he made a promise to my mom to change. They spent 2 years working through things, where he would allow her to vent and yell and talk about all that she needed to. They developed a wonderful relationship and he was the best grandpa I could've ever had. I miss him so damn much.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 22, 2018 at 11:25 PM
I hope so for my daughter's sake but if not she has an amazing step-dad who has been talking about adopting her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2018 at 11:30 PM
That’s a great positive story. I’m glad he came around for your mom and you :)

Quoting krazymom2boyz: My grandpa was a god awful dad to my mom. He was an alcoholic who choose his newest fling over my mom all the dang time. He was married 7 times! When i was born, he made a promise to my mom to change. They spent 2 years working through things, where he would allow her to vent and yell and talk about all that she needed to. They developed a wonderful relationship and he was the best grandpa I could've ever had. I miss him so damn much.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2018 at 11:30 PM
At least your daughter has a father figure in her life!

Quoting Anonymous 4: I hope so for my daughter's sake but if not she has an amazing step-dad who has been talking about adopting her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)