Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neighbors want us to buy them a new swingset

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
Our neighbors had a big, fancy custom made swingset/play house that the neighborhood kids loved to play on. Apparently they were making payments on it as some type of rent to own deal with the company but they weren’t actually paying the payments so their swingset was repossessed 😐

They asked if we (all the neighbor kids parents) would pitch in for a new one since the kids loved it so much. I told the neighbor that I would buy them a swingset if they would buy me a pool lol

Seriously, who asks something like that? I would be upset that all the neighbors just watched my swingset get repossessed instead of going around asking for money for a new one.

I’m just going to buy a swingset for my sons birthday since he enjoys it so much.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2018 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 12:01 AM
If I bought one, it would go in my yard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 12:01 AM
Lol well they have no shame so that’s something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2018 at 12:03 AM
Yea, that’s what I’m doing. It would be stupid to buy them a swingset for their yard, those things get expensive.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If I bought one, it would go in my yard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Well expect their kids to be at your house to play on your new swingset in the near future. :)
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 23, 2018 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe they figured people enjoyed the break from their kids & would be willing to pay for it. 😂
SaskMummy
by Mandy on Apr. 23, 2018 at 12:04 AM
Ya they have some nerve.. prob because all the kids played on it they assume they’re the it spot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 12:05 AM
People are ballsy nowadays.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2018 at 12:05 AM
They normally bounce from house to house anyway. One neighbor has the latest video games and huge ass tv, one neighbor had the swingset, and we have the giant yard for soccer and kickball

Quoting Anonymous 4: Well expect their kids to be at your house to play on your new swingset in the near future. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk that I would be letting all the kids in the neighborhood play on it though. I think that was crazy of your neighbors to allow. If one of those kids get hurt, they could have been held liable. It is a nice idea but not everyone is that nice and will be looking for a lawsuit.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yea, that’s what I’m doing. It would be stupid to buy them a swingset for their yard, those things get expensive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2018 at 12:09 AM
You make a good point and it would probably be the neighbors who just lost their swingset who would sue. The other neighbors aren’t as crazy as they are.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Idk that I would be letting all the kids in the neighborhood play on it though. I think that was crazy of your neighbors to allow. If one of those kids get hurt, they could have been held liable. It is a nice idea but not everyone is that nice and will be looking for a lawsuit.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yea, that’s what I’m doing. It would be stupid to buy them a swingset for their yard, those things get expensive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)