Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

White women tears

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 258 Replies
3 moms liked this
Interesting article

https://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/2018/04/weaponizing-white-women-tears.html

About the Weary Weaponizing of White Women Tears
Awesomely Luvvie — April 17, 2018
50 105
Picture it: a white woman feels challenged or uncomfortable about something a Black person said or did. Instead of using her words, she cries. Instantly, no matter what the initial catalyst of the situation is, she ends up being appeased, pacified and pampered. Lawd knows we’ve all seen virtual white woman tears shut down conversation, even if she was the instigator of conflict. The other person? Ends up being scolded. Or fired. Or arrested. Or killed. When Lorelei cries, heads roll.

Isn’t it the story of countless Black folks who have to work with white women who don’t know how to get anything but positive feedback? Isn’t it the story of why 2 men got arrested for standing in Starbucks? Isn’t it the story of Emmett Till?

White women tears are especially potent and extra salty because they are attached to the symbol of femininity. These tears are pouring out from the eyes of the one chosen to be the prototype of womanhood; the woman who has been painted as helpless against the whims of the world. The one who gets the most protection in a world that does a shitty job overall of cherishing women. The mothers, sisters, daughters and aunties of the world’s biggest bullies (white men). But the truth is, white women have been bullies themselves because they’ve been the shadows behind the white men who get all the blame. They have been doing much of the subjugation in white supremacy without any of the accountability, because: innocent white woman is a caricature many have chosen to embrace, even subconsciously. Why? Because it shields them from consequences. We talk about toxic masculinity but there is toxicity in wielding femininity in this way.

The Damsel in Distress reveling is real. Alice drowned people in Wonderland with her tears. Helen of Troy started a war. Miss Millie ain’t let Miss Sophia go home for Christmas.

alice in wonderland tears

White people will never have to deal with the fact that their skin is considered a weapon but they use their skins as ammunition by using all the privileges that come with it to terrorize the world. White women use their tears as pity me bombs all the time and it often instigates Black people being punished.

Last night, Shay Stewart Bouley (aka Black Girl in Maine) did a Twitter thread about this topic, and it is really what prompted me to write this piece. She then turned it into a longer post on her blog, called Weapon of lass destruction: The tears of a white woman. Do yourself a favor and read it. Here is the first of her many tweets on this topic:

A few weeks ago, I had lunch with a childhood friend. White girl from the Southside of Chicago, she’s now a professor here in NE. Our friendship ended at 18. Why? White woman tears. I told her she made me feel like a charity case and it hurt her feelings.

— Shay Stewart Bouley (@blackgirlinmain) April 16, 2018

I have an acute realization that I’m SUPPOSED to work for myself. Why? Because I realize I don’t have the tools to work within a corporate environment. Hearing the stories (daily) about what Black people deal with, with their white coworkers. They gotta do their jobs AND make sure they are not offending tender sensibilities.

It infuriates me. I would absolutely get an annual review that I was “aggressive.” I would get fired, and I know this. Because I would not be able to hold my tongue every day when I get the white women tears in response to something direct I say. So I am saluting those of you who have to deal with this every day. I see you. You are superheros.

I posted this on my social and Black women’s comments of their experiences being on the opposite side of white women tears were infuriating to read, because this is real.

TP: My son was in Pre-K and another child got upset and hit and kicked him. He told me on the way home and I called up to the school and said tomorrow morning I wanted the president, the teacher, the teacher’s aide and the boy’s mother in the office to meet with me. The moment I walked into the door, the mother approaches me and broke down into tears. I never said one word as she gave a long speech about how her sons rough house a lot at home. At the end of her speech, I simply said, “what you do at home is your business but your baby needs to keep his hands off of mine.” Later that day, I found out that my husband works with her. He told me she came to work late (because she was being comforted for about an hour by the school President and teacher) and went to my husband and said, “your wife almost kicked my ass this morning”. *Blank stare* umm when and where? We don’t believe in violence in my household, I don’t even spank my child, I’ve never thrown a punch or received one. His response to her, “umm okay”.

KW: My God. This. WW tears = cancellation of my WoC feelings and my valid voice screaming into a void.

manipulation and victim playing. There don’t even have to be actual tears. A WW saying a POC is intimidating or threatening with no actual offense to justify the charge is akin to a cop saying “I feared for my life.” The weaponization of “WW tears” isn’t in the actual tears themselves, but in her insistence that no matter who the aggressor is, she’s always the victim. THAT is what’s being discussed. So please take your “Ugh…I hate when girls cry too” misunderstanding somewhere else. That weaponization has ended LIVES. The tears were just the selling point securing the death warrant.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2018 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 2:24 AM
3 moms liked this
Troll
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 2:25 AM
7 moms liked this
Perfect timing. I just watched Kim Zolciak pull some white woman tears bullshit at the end of the RHOA reunion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2018 at 2:26 AM
Posting an article I find interesting doesn't make me a troll. Did you even read the article.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Troll
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 2:26 AM
11 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I must live in a bubble. Literally have never seen or heard of this happening.

I haven’t seen. RHOA. Maybe not watching shit TV is why.
left.drowning
by underwater on Apr. 23, 2018 at 2:27 AM
What?

Stupid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 2:28 AM
11 moms liked this
Posting racist crap meant to cause a disruption is trolling.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Posting an article I find interesting doesn't make me a troll. Did you even read the article.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 2:29 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh, and get ready for all kinds of white woman whining with this post.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 2:30 AM
There is nothing racist about the article.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Posting racist crap meant to cause a disruption is trolling.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Posting an article I find interesting doesn't make me a troll. Did you even read the article.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2018 at 2:30 AM
what does RHOA have to do with this post?

Quoting Anonymous 5: I must live in a bubble. Literally have never seen or heard of this happening.

I haven’t seen. RHOA. Maybe not watching shit TV is why.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)