Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you comfortably change your style?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I want to add more dresses but I feel awkward wearing them
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2018 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Theresa1209
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2018 at 5:47 PM
What makes you feel awkward
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 5:49 PM
Start off with something casual.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 5:49 PM

I don't think there is a comfortable way to do it. I changed my style by just doing it. I bought a dress and wore it. I felt super weird but it's not like anyone else knew it. Lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2018 at 5:49 PM
I just am uncomfortable and don’t know what shoes and I am not sure I look right

Quoting Theresa1209: What makes you feel awkward
MonarchMom22
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2018 at 5:49 PM

Try skirts worn with the same style of tops, jackets and shoes you normally wear.  This way you are only swapping out one item (skirt for pants) and not changing your complete look. It may feel less formal than a dress, and there are so many lengths to choose from.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 5:50 PM
Go for it!! It’s always good to change things up a bit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2018 at 5:51 PM
I wear hoodies and t-shirts and Nike’s

Quoting MonarchMom22:

Try skirts worn with the same style of tops, jackets and shoes you normally wear.  This way you are only swapping out one item (skirt for pants) and not changing your complete look. It may feel less formal than a dress, and there are so many lengths to choose from.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 23, 2018 at 5:57 PM

What about wearing them feels awkward?

I don't like to wear them because I have giant thighs.  I have always had giant thighs and I get a rash when they rub together (even as a child and wasn't overweight then).  I have found wearing a pair of bike shorts under my dress helps me feel more comfortable wearing them.  I was just thinking about this today as I would really like to wear more dresses myself.

MonarchMom22
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2018 at 6:00 PM

Cute!  That would look fine with some cute ankle socks, and a mid-calf length drapey skirt.  Or you could switch to sporty sandles and a short denim skirt. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wear hoodies and t-shirts and Nike’s
Quoting MonarchMom22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)