Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Of course you are being ignored,you were told not to come

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 416 Replies
Several weeks ago Mil and Fil contacted us about visiting this week. Fil had to be in town for a work thing and Mil wanted to visit us. We told them no. That we already have friends and family coming from out of town this week and would not be able to accommodate them. Never heard anything about it again.
Until Sunday night when Mil and Fil showed bags in hand wanting to stay with us a week. I had to tell them sorry but we didnt have room for them. I already have my grandparents,parents,2 siblings,spouses and 4 nieces and nephews spending the week with us. Obviously we are having a family event this week. Two actually. Friday my grandparents will be renewing their vows on their 65th wedding anniversary with a reception. Then on Saturday my baby sister is getting married. You can imagine that it's pure bedlam in my home right now. My husband wont even be home until Thursday. He has been TDY for 2 weeks. I explained to the in laws that we told them that this was not a good week for us to host them and they would have to find other accommodations. They tried to argue with me and I just told them I didnt have time for their drama. They left and went to a hotel. Now here i is Tuesday and Fil called me up and told me how rude and disrespectful I am to be leaving Mil all alone in the hotel room while he is working. I once again reminded him that we had told them that this was not a good week to visit us and they decided for her to come anyway. He then told me that my family being here is not an excuse and he and Mil should have been invited to the weddings and I wasb being a bitch by excluding them. He told me that he would be contacting my husband to make sure that my exclusionary behavior is corrected and he expects me to hand deliver invites to both weddings before 5pm and mil is to be included for everything going forward....

Am I being a rude bitch or are my I laws out of their fucking minds
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:08 PM
6 moms liked this

I would have told him to fuck off and hung up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:10 PM
They are out of their fucking minds.
Cormorant
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:10 PM
they are out of their minds
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:11 PM
4 moms liked this
Lol...I'd have told him, "She's not my wife, you entertain her if she's that incapable."
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:12 PM
They are out of their minds!
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:12 PM
4 moms liked this

They're out of their minds!

And the inconvenience is entirely on them.

Why can't MIL do stuff on her own?  does she not drive?  not know how to call a cab or catch a bus? Not have access to money?  I mean really, she's a grown woman, she should be able to entertain herself!

OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:13 PM
4 moms liked this

I wouldn't have listened to the FIL past his asking to attend the weddings. I would have hung up on him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:13 PM
He's crazy. It's not your place to invite them to any of that anyways.
Littlebunnyfufu
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Out of their goddamn minds.

And I hope when he contacts your husband your husband has the backbone to say exactly that.
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2018 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
They. Are. CRAZY.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)