Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you punish for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
Boys are 13 & 14.

14 yo is already grounded as of yesterday for multiple reasons, one being when I ask him to do something, he won’t do it for hours. When I ask him to do something, I expect him to do it when I ask. Not when he feels like it. Most of the time there’s a reason I want it done “now”.

Now 13 yo normally does things when I ask him to. This morning I told him he needed to clean his room after school, including his laundry and I needed that done first because I had a load to do tonight too. Fast forward to tonight, I told him 2 hours ago to get his clothes out of the dryer. He said ok.
BIL stopped by, I put the baby to bed, I go to put my clothes in the dryer and go to bed, and his clothes are still there. Tell him again to come get them. He comes out and says “they’re still wet”.
So now here I sit either waiting for his clothes to dry, or I go to bed and let our clothes sit in the washing machine all night. Because he didn’t want to get up from his stupid video game.
😠
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2018 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Apr. 24, 2018 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I’d dry my clothes and leave his wet
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 9:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Just rewash the clothes in the morning. Or don't. They will be fine. Don't sweat the small things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 9:41 PM
I’d make him stay up. He has to wait for the first load to be done and then put the second load in. No sleep in tomorrow either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2018 at 9:43 PM
I need to wear the clothes in the morning.

I get up early enough to run them through the dryer but not early enough to wash and dry both.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Just rehash the clothes in the morning. Or don't. They will be fine. Don't sweat the small things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Life is too short to really worry abou this.
KitschyMeow
by on Apr. 24, 2018 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have taken the clothes out of the dryer and threw mine in.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 24, 2018 at 9:44 PM
If you punish one for that behavior then you have to punish the other.
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 24, 2018 at 9:46 PM
Cut the video game cord.
goatmom4
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2018 at 9:46 PM
Ugh kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 9:50 PM
I'm just curious as to why you couldn't start the dryer earlier for him? When you noticed his clothes where still wet. I always thought parents do laundry and kids put it up. Sometimes it's good to help your child out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)