Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could have slapped her this morning LONG!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
EX-DH and I split on good terms, are still friends and live about 10minutes away from each other. We work together to raise DD13, and ex sees her every second weekend, every Wednesday night and every public holiday. We split because of DH’s job - he’s in the airforce and there was a lot going on that made me think he was married to his job not me.

Today is ANZAC day in Australia -where I live - it’s also a public holiday, so I drove DD over last night. I reminded her that she had to go to the dawn service with dad the next day and she showed no signs of disliking that.

Fast forward to me getting a phone call from ex at 4.30 this morning. Dd had locked herself in the bathroom, naked, cause she didn’t want to go. (Dd told me later she knew dad wouldn’t come in if she was nude and was hoping to be left behind cause she was ‘tired’). Ex had tried everything but, dd was not budging and he had to leave right then and would be in trouble by work if he was late - but didn’t want to reward her by letting her stay. He didn’t use the ‘loud’ voice as he has elderly neighbours next door.

So I got dressed, zoomed over and let ex go. Dd smirks at me and goes “okay well, let’s go. I want to go back to bed”. I told her to get dressed in the clothes we brought for the ceremony and watched her do so. Then “frog-marched” her to the car and put her in like a child - even did the seatbelt and put the child lock on the door. Then I took her straight to the ceremony.

She was angry with me, but didn’t make a scene with everyone there. I had a tight grip on her arm the whole time. Afterwards, I handed her ass to her dad and told her that she was NOT sleeping for the rest of the day and she was doing housework and chores for dad all day and made her hand me her phone. I told my ex I was sorry for her behaviour and walked away.

I am still fuming at her behaviour and wishing I could do something to make her see the inconveniences she caused this morning. If her dad had have been late because of her - he could have been in major trouble. If he let her stay home - how disrespectful would that have been to her dad who served in Iraq?

Dh doesn’t allow her to stay home alone unless she’s wide awake. He just doesn’t feel comfortable with her being alone when she’s asleep. His house his rules. So, any suggestions on what to do to make dd understand that if we say “jump” she needs to jump and not everything has a choice?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2018 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't give that phone back for a blooming year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 10:09 PM
How old is she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2018 at 10:09 PM
I probably will have to give it back -as we both work and dd does gymnastics most days before catching the train home - but I will lock it down completely if I do.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I wouldn't give that phone back for a blooming year.
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2018 at 10:09 PM

No phone and I’d have her do chores that she normally doesn’t do.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2018 at 10:09 PM
As I said in the Op 13

Quoting Anonymous 3: How old is she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
No phone. And no sleeping in for awhile. How much of your day did this take? Like if it was 2 hours of your day there would be four weekend days of not sleeping in. 4 hours would be eight weekend days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2018 at 10:10 PM
Only thing she can’t do is mow - due to her asthma. So yep I agree. She can do some big stuff.

Quoting spunky946:

No phone and I’d have her do chores that she normally doesn’t do.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2018 at 10:11 PM
Lets see. Ex woke me up at 4.30. I was out of the house until 7 with them. So that’s 6 weekend days?

Quoting Anonymous 4: No phone. And no sleeping in for awhile. How much of your day did this take? Like if it was 2 hours of your day there would be four weekend days of not sleeping in. 4 hours would be eight weekend days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 10:12 PM
Sorry I am really tired and over looked it.

I would find ways to make her earn back her phone. And I would of done just like you did.

Quoting Anonymous 1: As I said in the Op 13

Quoting Anonymous 3: How old is she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2018 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I’d make it 7 since it was 3.5 hours. One day for every half hour.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lets see. Ex woke me up at 4.30. I was out of the house until 7 with them. So that’s 6 weekend days?

Quoting Anonymous 4: No phone. And no sleeping in for awhile. How much of your day did this take? Like if it was 2 hours of your day there would be four weekend days of not sleeping in. 4 hours would be eight weekend days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)