Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ETA my son got in trouble at school and I high fived him

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:27 AM
  • 140 Replies
9 moms liked this
My son is a kindergartener. He’s had trouble with a particular kid all year. I’ve talked to the teacher about it and even had a meeting with the principal. This boy shoved my son and his friends, throws rocks, ect. Today my son was playing with one of his friends and this boy comes over, shoved him down and threatens to knock his teeth out. My son stood up and told him don’t fucking think about it and walked away leaving the kid in shock. When I picked him up his teacher told me what had happened. When we got in the van I high fived my son got standing his ground. (Yes I’m aware I’m the reason my kid has a potty mouth, I’ve been cleaning up my language a lot!!) I’m a proud mom right now. My son has put up with this all year and finally said something.

ETA: I did discuss the language with him. The high five was for standing his ground without violence. He doesn’t cuss nonstop. This was kinda a one off thing. He knows that cuss words are adult words.
by on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:30 AM
5 moms liked this
I would be proud he stood up for himself. I would be incredibly embarrassed about his language.
MysticIceWater
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:31 AM
I’m not embarrassed persay. we did have a talk about standing up for himself without cussing.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I would be proud he stood up for himself. I would be incredibly embarrassed about his language.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:31 AM

So he is in trouble for saying fucking but the teacher saw this kid and what was happenning and did nothing?

Pukalani79
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:33 AM
If not be ok with the language, but good for him for standing up for himself
MysticIceWater
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My son did get in trouble for saying fuck. I’m not sure what happened to the other kid. But I sure hope some sort of discipline happened. I’m going to meet with the principal tomorrow about the situation

Quoting Anonymous 2:

So he is in trouble for saying fucking but the teacher saw this kid and what was happenning and did nothing?

MysticIceWater
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Bright side! He did use it correctly. Lol

Quoting Pukalani79: If not be ok with the language, but good for him for standing up for himself
Marie207
by on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:43 AM
2 moms liked this

A mother high fiving a 5 year old child that says f ing.  What has this world come to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:47 AM
16 moms liked this
The type of world where people get run over walking on the sidewalk. The type of world where police officers get shot at Home Depot. The type of world where diners get shot at Waffle House and kids get shot at school.

Honestly, a kindergartner saying a bad word and mom giving him a high five for defending himself with words and not violence don't make me bat an eye.

Quoting Marie207:

A mother high fiving a 5 year old child that says f ing.  What has this world come to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:48 AM
2 moms liked this
A 5yo swearing? I'd be so ashamed of myself.
Marie207
by on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:49 AM

What we have teaching the children today.  Some should never have had kids because they are still kids themselves.  No wonder they grow up to do the things you just listed.  To condone this is insane, you see the school is not having it. Now when he keeps getting kicked out for his nasty mouth that his mother teaches him to use, he will be lacking an education too. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: The type of world where people get run over walking on the sidewalk. The type of world where police officers get shot at Home Depot. The type of world where diners get shot at Waffle House and kids get shot at school. Honestly, a kindergartner saying a bad word and mom giving him a high five for defending himself with words and not violence don't make me bat an eye.
Quoting Marie207:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)