Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been promoted, and now I'm bored!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

I've been promoted to President of the company.  It came with a fat raise and a company vehicle.  The problem is, with all the delegation they have me doing, I'm bored out of my mind!

I have 6 direct reports, 6 department, and I'm struggling to not solve problems for them and do things for them.

I don't know how I'm going to make it through a 6 hour freakin day! 

I'm going to have to take up knitting!  Does anyone else have a boring job?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:10 PM
3 moms liked this
If you are that bored in a six your day as the boss, you are doing something wrong
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:12 PM

Im' not.  We are a 10 million dollar business, on the track to make 15 million in 2 more years.  Employees are happy, low turnover and all departments are running smoothly. 

Quoting peanutsmommy1: If you are that bored in a six your day as the boss, you are doing something wrong

cmfarm
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:16 PM

Take up golf?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:16 PM
I do. Front desk agent at a hotel. Im bored to tears daily.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:19 PM

So that is funny.  I've never played, but as a gift for my promotion, DH bought me clubs.  lol

Quoting cmfarm:

Take up golf?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:20 PM

Oh yeah, DD is an agent at Hilton.  She said its like Ground Hogs day, same thing evrey day. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: I do. Front desk agent at a hotel. Im bored to tears daily.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:22 PM
Ya fucking sucks. She probably get paid more. I get paid 8.50. If you work 1st shift they want you to do breakfast (refilling stuff&cleaning it),3rd shift is supposed to set it up,&all shifts they want u to do laundry. Like uh yall dont pay us enough -.-

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Oh yeah, DD is an agent at Hilton.  She said its like Ground Hogs day, same thing evrey day. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: I do. Front desk agent at a hotel. Im bored to tears daily.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:27 PM

Which Hotel chain are you working with?  When DD was at Best Western, she had it like you have right now, low pay, breakfast.  At Hilton, she doesn't do breakfast, just front desk and she is making $15 an hour. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ya fucking sucks. She probably get paid more. I get paid 8.50. If you work 1st shift they want you to do breakfast (refilling stuff&cleaning it),3rd shift is supposed to set it up,&all shifts they want u to do laundry. Like uh yall dont pay us enough -.-
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:28 PM
Its a choice hotel which is what best western is. It seems its the average for the area. Most ive seen offered for a hotel job is $9 maybe 9.50.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Which Hotel chain are you working with?  When DD was at Best Western, she had it like you have right now, low pay, breakfast.  At Hilton, she doesn't do breakfast, just front desk and she is making $15 an hour. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ya fucking sucks. She probably get paid more. I get paid 8.50. If you work 1st shift they want you to do breakfast (refilling stuff&cleaning it),3rd shift is supposed to set it up,&all shifts they want u to do laundry. Like uh yall dont pay us enough -.-

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Image result for world's smallest violin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)