Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son's head smells bad.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

DS is 11 and just recently I have noticed that his head STINKS....Seriously smelly head, he plays baseball and after a game or practice, this kid smells BAD, heck after just running around at school he smells like sweat, not BO but sweat.

2 nights ago, he showered and when he got out he still smelled, so I made him get back in and wash again, including his hair.

He got out again, his body now smelled better but his hair still smelled. Back in....Out again, his head still smelled (it smelled better but not clean). 

I got mad, followed him into the bath room and made him stick his head out of the shower curtain while I scrubbed it good.

When he got out, his hair still didn't smell to good, but I knew it was clean at that point, so I let it go... 

Same thing last night, I know his hair is being washed but, it still smells......

Any advice? Shampoo recommendations? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2018 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter was the same way when she was younger. It turned out that it was the laundry detergent that we were using. Her chemical makeup was such that she immediately smelled bad when she would put on the clean clothes. We ended up having to use unsecented clothing detergent. Maybe the same thing is happening with your son. Maybe it is the scent in the shampoo that he is using.
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 2:49 PM
I got nothing. My 8 y/o and 6 y/o are the same. A strong bitter smell. It’s only noticeable if they’re very sweaty or wet. The only thing that did anything so far, is using adult shampoo rather than a kids all in one. Even that barely does anything.
squeekers
by squeekers on Apr. 25, 2018 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
DD used to use white vinegar as an after shampoo rinse.
MysticLove
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 2:52 PM

My ODS is the same way. I would try different shampoos and see if one helps. We have been trying this and some are working better than others, but none have done the job completely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2018 at 2:55 PM

That night, he used V05 strawberry stuff (His), Some Pantine (DD's)  and My Herbal essence rose scented stuff....None of it worked. I'll have to try something else.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: I got nothing. My 8 y/o and 6 y/o are the same. A strong bitter smell. It’s only noticeable if they’re very sweaty or wet. The only thing that did anything so far, is using adult shampoo rather than a kids all in one. Even that barely does anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 2:57 PM
Ds was the same way. He washed with baby shampoo and it helped.

Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 2:58 PM

Maybe try a shampoo with activated charcoal?

angela.barlow
by Ange on Apr. 25, 2018 at 2:59 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Maybe try a shampoo with activated charcoal?

Alliemad_003
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 3:00 PM
My son’s hair still smells vaguely of wet puppy right after a shower. It goes away when his hair is dry
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 3:02 PM

Try shampooing with some baking soda mixed in with the shampoo.  And follow up with a vinegar and water rinse.  Look at his scalp really good for scabs or flakes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)