Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel sorry for the families of killers???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
My SIL is canadian. I was on Facebook and a video related to that Toronto attack was on my feed because she commented on it

Anyway it was a video of the guys dad leaving court after his son’s hearing. He’s an older man surrounded by police and in it a bunch of reporters are asking him if he knew, if he talked to his son since, what he’d say to the family. He’s walking slow with his head down and crying

ALL the comments were people saying stuff like this is wrong, leave him alone, that poor man, my heart breaks for him etc. Maybe Canadians are just nice but wtf? Do you feel bad for the families of mass murderers/killers/terrorists?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2018 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 8:43 PM
5 moms liked this
Yes I do. Imagine how awful it would be to go through that, to find out your son/daughter, Mom/Dad, etc was a murderer. That man is probably feels horrid.
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 8:44 PM
I could feel sorry for that old man. His tears said it all.
Sopaw
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, mostly. Assuming they had no idea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 8:45 PM
The families of bad people aren’t necessarily bad themselves. They have to grieve the loss of someone they thought they knew. Do I personally care how they feel? No. I’m more concerned with the families of the 10 people killed and the 15 injured.

I used to work close to that section of Yonge street. It’s a busy area. The man that willfully drove a van into innocent pedestrians does not get any sympathy at all from me.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 25, 2018 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, I do.

I'll never forget seeing a serial killer's father being interviewed by Oprah. She asked him if he still loved his son and he said "God help me, but I do. He's still my boy and I'm still his father."

I think you can HATE a person's actions and still love them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 8:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Of course, they didn't do anything wrong. They are grieving too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 8:48 PM
Yes, I do. I can't imagine what it must feel like to learn that someone you love and care about is a monster.
K3412
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 8:48 PM
Yes I do. That would be a terrible, terrible situation to be in, so heartbreaking to know someone you brought into the world and raised took other people’s lives. I always have sympathy for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 8:48 PM
Yeah as long as they had no involvement. My best friend’s father is a child rapist, and I feel bad for her - he didn’t rape her but he did her 8 year old half-sister (her parents were not together then). I feel worse for her brother because he’s the sweetest guy and is his father’s junior - he works as a PT and I’m sure when his name gets checked his father’s Sex offender status has come up. They don’t deserve to be associated with that they’ve never hurt anyone like that. So yeah I do have sympathy sometimes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 8:49 PM
Yes, unless they were actually involved. You can't control other people's actions and it's not the families' fault their loved ones did something horrific.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)