Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought she was my friend...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies
My so called best friend flipped out on me today.
I pay a very low amount in rent due to being on a disability housing program (I guarantee you that probably nobody has heard of it, it's local and newer)
She stopped by and asked if i wanted to go to the movies with her and i told her i couldn't because i had to pay rent and after that i don't have much left over and my youngest happens to need new shoes asap.
She yelled at me that i need to be an adult and learn to budget better and paying x amount in rent doesn't count as paying rent.
Idk where this came from.. im a bit hurt and confused.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope not a friend.
MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:16 PM
She’s a shitty friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:18 PM
If she knows how much you pay for rent, maybe she is jealous. Maybe she was havinga bad day or maybe she isn't that great of a friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:20 PM
Ok i have disabilities and am on a strict budget. Im doing fine. I just don't always have money to blow at the movies

Quoting Anonymous 4: If she’s your best friend maybe she knows you a lot better than we do. If you pay $200 in rent and still struggle maybe a life evaluation is in order. There are too many work at home jobs to not make money and provide for your family....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:21 PM
That's shitty, she's not a good friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:22 PM
5 moms liked this
This is why I don’t share financial information with my friends. People seem to think that knowing your business means they can give unwanted and unnecessary advice
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Lmao youre one of those people. Fuck off

Quoting Anonymous 4: What kind of disabilities? You aren’t disabled enough to not care for your child.... so you can work.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ok i have disabilities and am on a strict budget. Im doing fine. I just don't always have money to blow at the movies

Quoting Anonymous 4: If she’s your best friend maybe she knows you a lot better than we do. If you pay $200 in rent and still struggle maybe a life evaluation is in order. There are too many work at home jobs to not make money and provide for your family....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:23 PM
I don't really share much of my financials. She only knows because she was with me when i got the acceptance letter.

Quoting Anonymous 6: This is why I don’t share financial information with my friends. People seem to think that knowing your business means they can give unwanted and unnecessary advice
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:23 PM
I agree with this. If you have a child, are getting lots of financial assistance, like only paying $200/month, and STILL can't set aside a bit of money...you should probably look at where you're messing things up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:24 PM
No. I dont have money to blow on the movies. Never said i didnt have money to set aside

Quoting Anonymous 7: I agree with this. If you have a child, are getting lots of financial assistance, like only paying $200/month, and STILL can't set aside a bit of money...you should probably look at where you're messing things up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)