Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TAMPONS and 13 yr olds

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

My SD started her period this past year. she will turn 13 in a week. Next week the swimming thing will come up for the first time. She is going away to camp, ive asked as she things she will be on her period during this time. I feel like is should discuss tampons with her and give her some options. But im not really sure how to talk about it with her...

i didnt have a mom so i am having to feelance all this stuff.

I had no problem discussing, periods, sex, shaving.. anything but this tampon thing is hanging me up... 

Is it too early?

I dont want her to miss out on swimming.... 

any advise

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:24 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:25 PM
Just talk to her about it. I don't have any advice because I don't think that it is a difficult concept.
quinnsmom715
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this

just say'hey,youll be swimming and pads are a no for swimming..heres how to use a tampon..'

paigea
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:27 PM
My mom just handed me the box of tampons and let me read the instructions myself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:27 PM
I broke my hymen when I figured out tampons. Ouch. Anyway I can’t imagine trying to figure that out the first time at camp.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:29 PM

i was 11 when i started using them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:29 PM
Mine was using them at 9. I didn't even have to explain it to her, she just informed me that she preferred tampons. There I was, freaking out about how to gently educate her on an intimidating subject, and she was all "oh, yeah, I'm good on tampons."
So I'm no help.

I guess just hand them to her and let her know to ask if she has any questions.
HaloSue
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe try the diva cup. Instead.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:31 PM
It isn't a big deal just tell her she can use them My dd's are in their 20's. One never has used them. One has a few times so she could swim on vacation. Its their choice. I used them at 13. No issue. My mom handed them to me and said I could use them or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2018 at 11:32 PM

ugh. i dont know why im freaking out about this so bad. im usually  more of a here is the info you NEED. let me know if you have questions kind of mom. and it works well for us. this is just hanging me up..

Quoting Anonymous 3: I broke my hymen when I figured out tampons. Ouch. Anyway I can’t imagine trying to figure that out the first time at camp.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)