Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I free birthed all of my children on purpose

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm sure I'll get bashed but I don't regret it. They are all happy and healthy kids. I can't imagine doing it any other way.

Free birth= gave birth at home with no assistance except for my husband

Posted by Anonymous on May. 17, 2018 at 1:05 AM
Replies (71-78):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 17, 2018 at 12:00 PM
I do believe that a stress free birth has an impact on the future of a child. There have been studies that show how a traumatic childbirth can lead to physiological problems later in life.

Quoting I.Am.Jester:

What difference do you think it makes for the child?  Can you tell a child that was hospital birthed apart from one that was home birthed?

I am not disagreeing that you should have a choice.  I very much believe your body, your choice.

IMO though this is one of those things that sounds really meaningful on paper but in the long run makes zero difference

Quoting Anonymous 1: No it does not make me feel more noble. It does make me feel like a better mother. Not a better mother compared to others, just a better mom than I might have been if I gave birth in a hospital.

Our body produces natural “drugs” when we are in labor and delivering. These hormones make childbirth easier and safer, delivering in a hospital with drugs disrupts the natural course for your body. That is why Csecs and other unnecessary inductions are sometimes heavily pushed.

There is also the importantance of mom’s mental health during labor. If she’s not comfortable, the baby will feel it.

I feel like I should birth my baby as natural as possible to ensure that they came in to this world exactly the way they are supposed to.

I do not judge others for delivering in a hospital or however they please. Every woman should have that choice.

Quoting I.Am.Jester:

Why?  That is the question I always want to ask in these situations.

Why?  Does it make you feel more noble or natural or like a better mother?  

bethanymommy
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2018 at 12:05 PM
Same here. With my first we would have both died. WITH MY SECOND SHE WOULD HAVE. SORRY MY PHONE is messed up and does caps randomly lol
would have loved home births but NOT WORTH the risk.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yay for you? Glad nothing went wrong.

Had I done that I would have died with my first and my 2nd Baby would have died. She almost died in the hospital, so a home birth would have meant certain death.
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2018 at 12:11 PM
Thats great, I hospital birthed with doctors and epudurals. My kids are healthy and happy too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on May. 17, 2018 at 12:33 PM

You do you....glad you were able to have the births you wanted

Wouldn't have worked for me....my first there was complications (severe shoulder dystocia) so the others were all C-section...and my youngest has spina bifida

So home births were absolutely out of the question in my case

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on May. 17, 2018 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

This is pretty standard for cafemom....and for most middle school students. They are literally incapable of hearing or reading anything and not personalizing it...the level of self absorbed behavior is very worrisome. 

Quoting ahoysam: Lol I’d just like to know why the majority of you replying are all in your feels? Sitting here trying to find where she might have said “And that’s why I’m better” or something like that.... Nope. Can’t see it. Congrats, OP. 👍🏽☺️ Glad all went well 🤗

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on May. 17, 2018 at 12:38 PM

Given how very low the infant and maternal mortality is in our developed country...it seems 53 out of 76 woulld have died or had a child who died if they were not in a hospital !!!! 

Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2018 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Reading a book doesn’t make you qualified. I can read a book on brain surgery but that doesn’t mean I can perform it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We were smart about it. I read many books, attended many classes, and talked with multiple people in the childbirth field.

We are pro vax and pro medicine, just not in the case of childbirth.

Quoting Isaacsmom913: My friends daughter did this. She also refuses to take her daughter to the pediatrician nor has she, in 2 years registered her birth. Stupid as a stupid does. Nothing wrong with a home birth but be smart about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 17, 2018 at 4:06 PM
I don't think you understand that quote.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Childbirth should not be dangerous if the mother and baby have been properly cared for throughout pregnancy.

“Birth is as safe as life gets”— Sarah Buckley, GP/Family physician with qualifications in GP-obstetrics and family planning.

Quoting Anonymous 12: Childbirth is dangerous. I don't think people fully understand that. You're very, very lucky nothing went wrong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)