Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Welcome to Green Living! Please introduce yourself!

Posted by   + Show Post

welcome Welcome to Green Living!  We're glad you're here.  :)

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you ever have a question, or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group.

Now, click reply & introduce yourself!  :)

drinking Make yourself at home, relax & enjoy the group!

by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 1:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
TaeTaeLove
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:10 PM
Hi all, my name is Tae. I'm a sahm of 2 (working on 3) kids. I live in FL and have been "green" for most of my married life. We buy almost everything from secondhand stores, cloth diaper, hang clothes out, cook from scratch, and many more things. Ask me any questions and I'll try to answer if I can. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeldolphine
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:11 PM

I was born and raised in Western WA, Covington to be exact.

The milk is richer and affected by what the goat eats. I recommend making sure they get mollasas with the grain...I was three out of 12 of us who liked it. Most of the family liked the taste until they smelled the billy goat.

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

I love Washington! :) Born and raised here. WESTERN Washington that is.
Were getting goats because I originally wanted a milking cow but learned they are high maintenance and expensive! So I decided on goats... I guess I better try goats milk first. I don't think I've ever had it... lol.

Quoting Angeldolphine:

Hi, I am Rachel. I am also a semi green mama lol. I use cloth diapers, recycle, mostly unprocessed foods and such. I am interested in making my own household products.

Samantha, I grew up in the Pacific Northwest (Washington state). I also grew up milking goats! I did it for four years and our family made cheese too. The milk is soooo good! Just don't smell the billy goat!

Angeldolphine
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:12 PM

We do the same things! Welcome :)

Quoting TaeTaeLove:

Hi all, my name is Tae. I'm a sahm of 2 (working on 3) kids. I live in FL and have been "green" for most of my married life. We buy almost everything from secondhand stores, cloth diaper, hang clothes out, cook from scratch, and many more things. Ask me any questions and I'll try to answer if I can. :)

SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:15 PM
Welcome! I visited fl once... way too hot for this ginger!! Lol

Quoting TaeTaeLove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:17 PM
I was raised in a small town I know you haven't ever heard of lol. But now I live in Shelton, about 1/2 hour from Oly. May I ask why you moved?
I heard the billy's smell affected the taste of the milk... weird! What breed of goats did you have? My sister thought she found us some free pygmys but that fell through. Now she's working on getting us some other medium sized ones but she's not sure of the breed lol.

Quoting Angeldolphine:

I was born and raised in Western WA, Covington to be exact.

The milk is richer and affected by what the goat eats. I recommend making sure they get mollasas with the grain...I was three out of 12 of us who liked it. Most of the family liked the taste until they smelled the billy goat.

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

I love Washington! :) Born and raised here. WESTERN Washington that is.

Were getting goats because I originally wanted a milking cow but learned they are high maintenance and expensive! So I decided on goats... I guess I better try goats milk first. I don't think I've ever had it... lol.

Quoting Angeldolphine:

Hi, I am Rachel. I am also a semi green mama lol. I use cloth diapers, recycle, mostly unprocessed foods and such. I am interested in making my own household products.

Samantha, I grew up in the Pacific Northwest (Washington state). I also grew up milking goats! I did it for four years and our family made cheese too. The milk is soooo good! Just don't smell the billy goat!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenny1o1
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, my name is Jenny.  I guess you might call me a green mom in progress.  I live in Oklahoma. I have a 14 month old boy and I'm a stay at home mom. I'm 27... 

SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:05 AM
Welcome! My dad is an Okiee from Muskogee (spelling?) And my great grandparents lived in Pawnee. :)

Quoting jenny1o1:

Hi, my name is Jenny.  I guess you might call me a green mom in progress.  I live in Oklahoma. I have a 14 month old boy and I'm a stay at home mom. I'm 27... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Hi Ladies!  We have been a green family for the last six months.  Been still working on the process of changing stuff over, it takes time.  But I have to say, the family definitly feels better since we have made this change!  Looking forward to talking with you ladies!  

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Hi Samantha, welcome!

A mini-farm, very cool!

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Hello everyone. My name is Samantha. I've always been interested in green living but never really made an appemt until after DD was born. She's 7 months now. I've started making my own household products like cleaners, laundry soap, tooth paste, and we are a no 'pooing family for the most part. (SO is a mechanic and gets pretty dirty so sometimes he needs the 'poo lol) We live in the Pacific Northwest and we have two dogs, an 11 year old cat, and a bunch of fish. When we move (hopefully within the next few weeks) we are going to add a couple goats to our family. I can't wait to get to know everyone. :)

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:40 AM

wave  Welcome Rachel!

Quoting Angeldolphine:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)