Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Welcome to Green Living! Please introduce yourself!

Posted by   + Show Post

welcome Welcome to Green Living!  We're glad you're here.  :)

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you ever have a question, or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group.

Now, click reply & introduce yourself!  :)

drinking Make yourself at home, relax & enjoy the group!

by on Aug. 11, 2011 at 1:27 PM
Replies (881-890):
chrissysnow22
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Hi I'm Chrissy! Welcome to cafemom an the group. Once you get in you'll be hooked.

Quoting northidahomom:

Hello all,

I'm a mom who lives in North Idaho and never really thought about green living until I started working for company who promotes natural and green products.  I have two children a boy and girl.  We have been living outside of Spokane WA for 8 years and absolutely love it!  This is my first post on Cafe Mom and I hope it's as great as I hear! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Hi Heidi, I'm Chrissy. I have one son also. Welcome to the group.

Quoting Phoenix_Rising:

Hiii :) I'm Heidi; live in VT, mom to 1 son. How is everyone?

chrissysnow22
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Welcone

Quoting GloriaYoast:

Hi there!

I am a green living Mom and also a member of "Friends of the Earth International" so really wanted to make a contribution for mother Earth.  And for that we got a residential solar system installed at our beach house 2 years back from Solar Electric Supply, inc. recommended by a family friend. We have saved a big amount from the electricity bills so far.

earthy_dragon
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Hi Ladies!!  I am back!!! lol....  sorry I dissappeared, but I was having some issues with somethings.... lol!  For ones who don't remember Spirited Dragon was my old one.  But I missed all you ladies!!  

~Alison  turning into globe

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Welcome to the group everyone!

WinterRosesmom
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi I'm Molly mother of 4 I am a somewhat green momma we use cloth diapers and recycle an grow our own food and use solor power I'm just now figuring out how to make our own soaps it's so introsting I love learning new thing! I say the more natural the better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Dec. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Welcome Molly!

Quoting WinterRosesmom:

Hi I'm Molly mother of 4 I am a somewhat green momma we use cloth diapers and recycle an grow our own food and use solor power I'm just now figuring out how to make our own soaps it's so introsting I love learning new thing! I say the more natural the better!

Gypsy60
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi all! I'm Gypsy from Central Ar. Mom to 4,gramma to 7 so far.Have been green-minded most of my life and working on doing a better job of it.Im into wildcrafting,recycling,upcycling,gardening,canning,crafting,hunting,fishing,hiking,tons of stuff.Any other Arky's here?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gypsy60
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi,I'm Gypsy and I've been green most of my life. Love recycling,reusing,upcycling,and living in tune with Mother Earth.I garden,can,hunt/fish,grow herbs,and am into wildcrafting and herbal medicane. Look forward to sharing and learning.Bright Blessings all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SLMitchell
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM
3 moms liked this

Greetings and salutations!  My name is Sara, I am twenty-six, and I have one lovely little child named Lucy Rose.  I homeschool.  I recently began reforming the dreadlocks that I cut off at the end of August (I plead temporary insanity...lol)  I was raised on a small farm, around nature and animals, and I remember the lifestyle fondly.  My family also participated in pre-1840s reenactments, where my siblings and I learned a lot about self-reliance.  I first made the real connection between living animals and meat as a child, when my parents took my sister's show pig to be slaughtered.  I was attached to the animal, and stopped eating pork after that.  I became a vegetarian in my late teens.  My four year old has been raised on a vegetarian diet since birth (very nearly vegan), and I have recently made the little leap into veganism.  I was born and raised in Texas, and I lived there until a little over a year ago.  In October 2011, my family moved to Hawaii (my husband is in the Army), which is a nice place to live if you are into "going green". :)  As I live on a military base, I cannot dig, but I have a small container garden which has been flourishing in Oahu's year-round growing season.  I prefer to make my own cleaning products.  My dream is to eventually move back to Texas, purchase a piece of land, build a home out of sustainable materials (like a cob house!), and set up an aquaponic system.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)