Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

No 'poo?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:24 PM
  • 10 Replies
What's your hair care routine?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:26 PM
I use baking soda/water, a vinegar rinse with EO, and sometimes use coconut oil if my ends seem dry. I no poo my 7month old also. SO no poos, but he's a dirty grimey mechanic so sometimes he uses poo. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeldolphine
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:48 PM

That's really interesting! Does it work well?How does it affect your hair?

SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:24 PM
It works well for me. After having dd I couldn't find the right shampoo/conditioner. They would fry my hair or leave residue. So this way, my hair is clean, not oily, not stinky lol. I heard that the baking soda can dry out your hair but I haven't had any problems. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeldolphine
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:33 PM

I am going to have to try that. Highly doubt my husband will go for it...

I believe cocunut oil is good on diaper rashes too. I think I need to get some of it!

SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:47 PM
Its super easy!! And cheap lol. If you have and questions pm me. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:56 PM
I used to use a bar of castile or pine tar soap and a vinegar rinse... we ran into some hard times and shampoo is cheaper. Especially when you on wash 2x a week max...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Yeah castile soap ain't cheap! That's why baking soda is my best friend lol

Quoting TaeTaeLove:

I used to use a bar of castile or pine tar soap and a vinegar rinse... we ran into some hard times and shampoo is cheaper. Especially when you on wash 2x a week max...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelindaMartelli
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:54 AM

We do a combination of baking soda and plant based. AC for conditioner. 

TotallyConfused
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 12:03 PM

dh and I both no 'poo, and our 8 year old wants to switch over to, so we're letting her try it out...

we use a condiment bottle from walmart with b.s. water mixture, we've found that works best for us. We tried the paste at first but it didn't work for me at all, think greasy fuzz ball *eek* I use a lemon juice rinse b/c acv is so cold I can't stand it and it leaves my hair a little greasy still....

also, I henna my hair and that is an amazingly soft wonderful cushiony luscious dream of a hairdo after that :-)

oh, and I have been transitioned back to no'poo for about two months now, and I use the b.s. wash no more than every 2 days, sometimes less often...

mommaGof3
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM
I'm working on this cause I'm pretty particular about my hair, I have several all natural shampoo's that I can make, the first one didn't work to well...so we'll see how the next one goes but right now I'm using the stuff my mom bought me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)