Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

What is your definition

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:41 PM
  • 4 Replies

of green? How green are you?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Well if people refer to you as a hippie... you're probably pretty green lol. I think just having an awareness and respect for our bodies and Mother Nature is important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeldolphine
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I guess I would define mine as taking care of the body and earth God gave us. So, I try to do things that are healthy for my family and try to do things that take care of the enviroment like recycling.

chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I think of green as being good stewards of what God has given us.

TotallyConfused
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Well if people refer to you as a hippie... you're probably pretty green lol. I think just having an awareness and respect for our bodies and Mother Nature is important.

not always :-( there's this married couple we're friends with, we had always considered them hippies like us, they are always wearing tie dye, patchwork, hemp playing with fire poi, they smoke pot (we don't) and describe themselves as hippies....

however, we now refer to them as pot heads. There IS a difference...

their utility bill runs around $700/month, ours is $200 for reference...... they live in a city that practices curbside recycling and even give you the containers to put it in for free but they won't recycle. They are overly consumeristic as well, have a fantastic clothesline they won't use, etc etc etc

unfortunately, all they want to do is dress like Joplin-era hippies and smoke pot. They don't have any interest in doing anything green, even though we've offered to help make the switch easier....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN