Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

If you are a green mama, do you...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you vaccinate?

Options:

No

Yes

selective

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

Vaccinate? I'm curious, because as a green mama, we care about our enviroment and what is best for our bodies.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaeTaeLove
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:50 PM
Most of the diseases we vaccinate against were on the wane before they created the vaccine for them. Not to mention that many outbreaks of certain "vaccine preventable" diseases are cause by the vaccine. There are also so many things in the vaccines that we just don't really know what the long term side effects are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:49 PM
We only do selective vaccines. Like, I'm not going to give dd a vaccine for the frickin chicken pox. To me that's ridiculous. I got chicken pox at 19 and it sucked but I survived.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeldolphine
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I agree with TaeTaeLove, I researched the diseases and they really aren't that bad. Plus, the vaccines don't guarantee that you won't get them. Also, I researched what is in them. There are aborted babies (as old as three months) pig, cow, monkey cells, and other toxins. I can't imagine putting that in my baby. I really think we have no idea what the long term harm the vaccines cause, because there is a lot of money involved.

I got the chicken pox right around 19 too!

SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Really? Omg I didn't sleep for like 3 days. I lived in a vinegar bath and hated life when we ran out of vinegar lol.

Quoting Angeldolphine:

I agree with TaeTaeLove, I researched the diseases and they really aren't that bad. Plus, the vaccines don't guarantee that you won't get them. Also, I researched what is in them. There are aborted babies (as old as three months) pig, cow, monkey cells, and other toxins. I can't imagine putting that in my baby. I really think we have no idea what the long term harm the vaccines cause, because there is a lot of money involved.

I got the chicken pox right around 19 too!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeldolphine
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I took a lot of oatmeal baths. I didn't know that vinegar worked. It was so dang itchy! I gave it to all my siblings. My mother told me to sleep in their beds lol.

SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Lol! My mom tried giving it to me when I was younger, taking me to my cousins/neighbors houses who had it. But I didn't give it till my eldest nephew had it and kissed my left eyebrow. My first pox was under my left eyelid. :( before I got the blisters I thought I had mono or was pregnant or dying lol. My mom says vinegar cures everything pretty much like sunburns. She reminds me of the dad on my big fat greek wedding who's obsessed with windex...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelindaMartelli
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I worry about chemicals, but I dont think a mama isnt "green" if she chooses to vaccinate.

Angeldolphine
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I don't either, but if you follow the logic of what "green" means and what you do if you are green, it makes sense to me that most wouldn't vaccinate, so I was curious :)

Quoting MelindaMartelli:

I worry about chemicals, but I dont think a mama isnt "green" if she chooses to vaccinate.

RochelleFS
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 10:27 AM

After several negative reactions and a daughter with autism and after seeing what is in them, no we do not. We also have multiple allergies.

RochelleFS
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Lol! My mom tried giving it to me when I was younger, taking me to my cousins/neighbors houses who had it. But I didn't give it till my eldest nephew had it and kissed my left eyebrow. My first pox was under my left eyelid. :( before I got the blisters I thought I had mono or was pregnant or dying lol. My mom says vinegar cures everything pretty much like sunburns. She reminds me of the dad on my big fat greek wedding who's obsessed with windex...

Vinegar is great for everything, LOL. I am the same way. We keep it in a spray bottle at home. Great for everything from cleaning, and killing weeds, to poison ivy. Gotta love it! PS. I add a little essential oil or organic extract to make it smell better when used for cleaning.

Rochelle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)