Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

I'm dreaming of a green christmas...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:26 PM
  • 6 Replies
Are you planning a green christmas? Any good ideas?


I've been thinking of making gifts, using newspaper for wrapping paper, or giving gifts you can't wrap, like activities...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TaeTaeLove
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:23 PM
I make gifts when I can. I also get a majority of our gifts from secondhand shops. We were given a fake christmas tree. I can't decide which traditional type of tree is greener. I know a live tree is the best choice, but its not feasable for us. I figure every year we can keep the tree out of a landfill, the better. We reuse boxes and bags instead of giftwrap for many things. We try not to give a ton of presents. Lots of scratch made food, though my baking this year will prolly have to be severely curtailed with only a toaster oven. We never use fake snow or tinsel. We have a few strands of LED lights (we buy them afterwards at a discount when we can find them. They're expensive.). We don't travel for christmas except to MIL who is 2 hours away. Probably won't this year with a newborn though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:53 AM
Wow you guys do a lot! We got the bright idea to get a live christmas tree and plant it last year but it died. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:31 PM

My holidays haven't been so green, but I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

johnny4ever
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:55 PM

we use newspaper..comics

TaeTaeLove
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Mostly its done for money saving purposes. I'm a sahm, and dh usually only brings in about $15000 a year. Have to practice lots of frugal ideas. Most frugal ideas are green ones. I'd say about 90%, the other 10% of green stuff costs more to be green. Look for the complete tightwad gazette by amy dacyczyn in your library.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I am making/baking most of our gifts. I have tons of newspaper for wrapping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)