Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living
What 1 thing do you think every green mama should do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 12:03 PM
Same here! He's a mechanic and they use a lot of household cleaners so I told him to take it with him! I hated when he used to use comet too. :/

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Eww that stuff smell awful. They used it at my job once and I thought I was dying! My dh is always trying to use that smelly stuff. I just cleaned under our sink and gt rid of most of it.

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Me too!! SO tried using his nasty easy off crap on the stove the other day and I was like no no no. And I showed him the wonder of baking soda and vinegar/lemon juice lol.

So I told him he can take his oven cleaner to work cause I don't want to breathe it in.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Umm i'd say make your own cleaner. It's easy and only takes a bit of time. Plus I hate the smell of artificial clean. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Oh. I love the smell of my house since I switched. I can't believe I used to use that crap.

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Same here! He's a mechanic and they use a lot of household cleaners so I told him to take it with him! I hated when he used to use comet too. :/

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Eww that stuff smell awful. They used it at my job once and I thought I was dying! My dh is always trying to use that smelly stuff. I just cleaned under our sink and gt rid of most of it.

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Me too!! SO tried using his nasty easy off crap on the stove the other day and I was like no no no. And I showed him the wonder of baking soda and vinegar/lemon juice lol.

So I told him he can take his oven cleaner to work cause I don't want to breathe it in.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Umm i'd say make your own cleaner. It's easy and only takes a bit of time. Plus I hate the smell of artificial clean. 

SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Ditto. And SO is happy because I actually WANT to clean now lol. I made my own laundry soap too, toothpaste, we no poo... the next step is dish soap! :)

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Oh. I love the smell of my house since I switched. I can't believe I used to use that crap.

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Same here! 

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Ditto. And SO is happy because I actually WANT to clean now lol. I made my own laundry soap too, toothpaste, we no poo... the next step is dish soap! :)

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Quoting chrissysnow22:

SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 12:30 PM
:D its so nice to meeet people who understand. My fam pretty much makes fun of me. Except I got one of my sisters to no poo!! But of course she had to tell me what I was doing wrong cause shee does it BETTER *eye roll*

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Same here! 

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovingJayMom
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Breastfeed is the number one
Miranda1127
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:42 PM

well....this post is almost a year old, but since I wasn't very active a year ago and didn't answer....I will now.

Every green person should use reusable bags. It's green 101.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Aug. 12, 2012 at 3:20 AM
I'm guilty of not using them much but only where I get paper to donate to the food bank. Otherwise they have to buy them.
I think everybody should eat healthier.

Quoting Miranda1127:

well....this post is almost a year old, but since I wasn't very active a year ago and didn't answer....I will now.

Every green person should use reusable bags. It's green 101.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I do believe these ladies have hit the Jackpot!  I agree with them on all of these things.  The breastfeeding is all depends if your able too.  I tried to breast feed both of my boys, but I just couldn't.  Alot of reasoning's.  So they ended up with formula.  I was young when I had them, and different mind set back then.  But that is another story in itself.  lol!  

Nutmeg101
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I didn't know I hated it until I started using vinegar :) but it makes my head hurt now.

What I think any mama should do: whatever they can. It won't be the same for everyone. Pick one thing- and do that. It all makes a difference.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)