Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Curious.

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 10:58 AM
  • 9 Replies
What's your parenting style?

Is it relaxed, go with the flow natural? Strict rules and schedules?
Or something inbetween?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
EarthyMama0305
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I would say a mix of relaxed and go with the flow but I do have a scheduled bedtime for my LO, well kinda, I would consider myself a condesuer of attachment parenting. I am a co-sleeping, breastfeeding, baby wearing hippy. But when the time comes that I need to be firm on something I'm sure I will figure something out :)

Angeldolphine
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Definatly in between. We follow a routine, but not a strict schedule. We do things in the same order (Eat, Activity, sleep), wake up at the same time, go to bed around the same time. We are flexible though.

I am a person who likes order, but am flexible. I like rules and structure also, so I know when Laurance is older (only three months right now), I will have rules and discipline but not be super strict.

SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Were in between too lol. I bf (mostly) we use cloth and sposies, I wear her, she sleeps with us after she wakes up to eat (we put her in her crib to start out with), we don't do schedules... and when she gets older I think we can be able to maintain the inbetween. I def don't want to be all strict and crazy but were not going to let her be a little brat either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeldolphine
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM

How old is yours? I also cosleep or was. It makes it so I can't sleep very well, cause he has to sleep on the edge of the bed (not too close of course) because our bed dips in the middle and my husband would roll on him. I sleep in the middle and can't move. Anyway, I am teaching my baby (he's three and a half months) how to sleep in his crib by swaddling him. I can put him back in after I feed him at night and he doesn't notice. He tends to fight his sleep in the day, and the swaddling really has been calming him.  It seems to be working! I follow the EASY routine which is Eat, Activity, Sleep and You. I noticed he makes a schedule for himself lol!

chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 5:25 PM
I'm somewhere in between. I am more strict once he gets older but I am a go with the flow kinda girl. I ebf, co sleep, wear my ds, and cd part time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 7:34 PM
She's 7 months. When she was smaller she went right back to sleep after eating but not anymore! She wants to cuddle lol.

Quoting Angeldolphine:

How old is yours? I also cosleep or was. It makes it so I can't sleep very well, cause he has to sleep on the edge of the bed (not too close of course) because our bed dips in the middle and my husband would roll on him. I sleep in the middle and can't move. Anyway, I am teaching my baby (he's three and a half months) how to sleep in his crib by swaddling him. I can put him back in after I feed him at night and he doesn't notice. He tends to fight his sleep in the day, and the swaddling really has been calming him.  It seems to be working! I follow the EASY routine which is Eat, Activity, Sleep and You. I noticed he makes a schedule for himself lol!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I think I'm somewhere in between. I'm mostly go with the flow but know how to be tough when needed.

SpiritedDragon
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:44 AM

I would say my parenting style is very weird.  I use to be the easy flow type of parent, but with being a single mom to two boys.  Yeah, I had to reorder myself.  They are 10yr (11yrs next month) and 8yrs.  They are rolling eyes and attitudes every chance they get.  Mainly my 10yr old.  But all in all, we have a schedule, and it's structured.  I have to.  Next year we will start the challenge and the fun of homeschooling.  I am really looking forward to it.  My oldest is really struggling with staying on task, so I came up with maybe this will help him not as many distractions plus I really don't like the school district here.  :)

TaeTaeLove
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 12:37 PM
Were in between as well. They have a strict bedtime, and ds now has a strict wakeup time since. He started ps. When we homeschooled, he woke up whenever, though usually about the same time. They have chores, though not specific times to do them (other than feed the cat). We have semi specific times for meals, and naps when they're that age (dd still is, and dd2 will be when she gets here). I bf, and roomshare with my infants, as long as they're bfing. I also babywear. I let the babies make their own schedule, but then I stick to it until it doesn't work anymore...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)