Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

For those of you who don't have a garden

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 2:19 AM
  • 10 Replies

Oakland-20110809-00112.jpg

Either because you don't have a green thumb or you don't have a place for it.
Look into neighborhood farms and see if you can either pick up or get fruits and veggies delivered to you.

I got all this delivered for $24 it was so worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 8:38 AM

sweet!

mommaGof3
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:40 AM
That is awesome! Also if ya'll have a local farmers market that's a great place to look as well :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:40 AM

I have the space, but I am only renting so it's a potted garden for me, but this summer didn't go to well.  To hot, and dry.  I love going to my local farmers market.  Their is one about twenty-five mins away I really want to check out.  But it is closed until Sept.  Can't wait to check it out, they have it so you can pick some of your own fruits.  :) 

mommaGof3
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:47 AM
I would love to pick my own fruit! That's be so cool!

Our garden didn't do to good this year either, like you said it was way to hot and dry. But we are also in the learning process, this is our 2nd year planting veggies.

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

I have the space, but I am only renting so it's a potted garden for me, but this summer didn't go to well.  To hot, and dry.  I love going to my local farmers market.  Their is one about twenty-five mins away I really want to check out.  But it is closed until Sept.  Can't wait to check it out, they have it so you can pick some of your own fruits.  :) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM
I love the farmers market! The one great thing about living in the city is we have 4 different farmers markets on different daysin our city and one is indoors so it's year round.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
We have 1 here and it's 5 minutes from my house, they open every saturday. I love going there! It'd be awesome to have an indoor one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 1:16 PM
I have 2 flea markets that are within half an hour of me, that have farmers markets at them. They're both year round. They somewhat recently started one at the town square, and in one of the business districts, though I haven't been to either of those yet. There's a pick your own grape place about 20 minutes away. There used to be (and may still be) a pyo strawberry place next to one of the flea markets. I haven't found any csa's by me yet though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 24, 2011 at 4:59 PM
That's pretty cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 12:26 PM

That's wonderful!

hisarmycowgirl
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Those look crazzzzzy good! I am so looking into this!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN