Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Dryer or clothes line?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Amy
  • 11 Replies

I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to ask my landlord if I can install a clothesline in the back yard.  I love the smell of line dried clothes.

Which do you use/prefer?

by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaeTaeLove
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 1:02 PM
I prefer the convienence of the dryer. I prefer the cost of the line. Somethings (like linens) dry better on the line than others. Towels tend to dry very stiff and rough on a line. Bright and dark things are better off dried inside out to prevent fading. Diapers do great on a line. The sun bleaches any stains and kills off any left over germs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 2:53 PM
I line dry every thing unless it's raining of course. Vinegar is a natural softener, all though I don't want my clothes smelling like that lol....since I've stopped using that my electric bill has gone down a lot, which in return lowers our carbon footprint
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Clothes line

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 26, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I love using white vinegar as a softner.  The smell... well, you get used to that and if your machine rinses it well enough you don't smell it anway.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! 

Quoting mommaGof3:

I line dry every thing unless it's raining of course. Vinegar is a natural softener, all though I don't want my clothes smelling like that lol....since I've stopped using that my electric bill has gone down a lot, which in return lowers our carbon footprint

SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 2:46 PM
I can't wait till we move. Next year I will for sure have a clothes line. I still need a dryer though cause I live in Washington lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I use both. We have one in the backyard, but we can't always use it if it is raining outside on laundry days.

TaeTaeLove
by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 12:19 PM
Don't forget that FL is a right to dry state!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on Aug. 27, 2011 at 3:28 PM

TaeTaeLove, I live in Florida.  What is a right to dry state?  I have never heard of that saying.  

MelindaMartelli
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 4:44 PM

clothes line

TaeTaeLove
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 5:31 PM
Its a law that basically says no one can prevent you from line drying your clothes. It was created to combat restrictive HOAs that were against solar panels and tried to ban them from their communities. See FL statute 163.04.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)