Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Country Mouse, City Mouse

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 1:07 PM
  • 5 Replies
Where do you think is the easiest place to be green? Do you think its easier in the city, the country or the suburbs? Why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommaGof3
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Personally the country, it's so much easier to have a garden, line dry clothes. You have more room in the country to do things that you can't really do if you live in a city apartment, but we live right outside of downtown and we are green, but I'd rather be in the country. I guess it's more a personal preference thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2011 at 7:26 PM
There are pros and cons for each.

City pros - public transpo, recycling programs (sometimes with curbside pick up) close, more second hand stores, better chance of hand me downs of all kinds, less maintenance, smaller living arrangements

City cons - line drying is harder, gardening is harder, organic is likely to be higher priced, not as much storage, composting is harder

Suburban pros - easier to garden, compost, line dry, cheaper organics sometimes, more access to farmers markets and second hand stores, hand me downs

Suburban cons - less public transpo, restrictive HOA's, less storage options, larger housing, more upkeep, more personal vehicle use due to longer distances and commuting

Rural pros - easy gardening, composting, line drying, can keep animals, few storage restrictions, cheaper access to organic foods, very little resistance to alternative energy sources

Rural cons - no public transpo, larger houses, more upkeep, few 2nd hand stores and hand me down opportunities, longer distances between places, more commuting, more pests, must travel to recycle

Obviously not an exhaustive list, but deffinately a starter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 7:41 PM
I think there are pros and cons to both but probably the country. I love living in the city though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 8:13 PM
I definitely agree there are pros and cons to both, that's why I think it's more of a personal preference thing.

I love the convenience of a city living, your closer to things but country living is more appealing to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 8:40 AM

Country

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)