Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

mama cloth/ reusable pads

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM
  • 16 Replies
Do you use mama cloth/ reusable pads or a diva cup?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 12:00 PM
I just got AF back today and I am going to get a diva cloth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 1:18 PM
I'm thinking maybe sea pearls. They're reusable, and can double as contraceptive with the addition of spermicide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 1:32 PM
Hey I was just gonna post abot this. :)
At walmart I saw instead cups... and I think they are along the lines of a diva cup but there were 14 in a box. Are the disposable? Cause that would defeat the purpose....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 4:27 PM
Great minds think a like, Samantha ;)

I'm not sure of those are disposable or not, I've never seen them.

I use mama cloth, let me tell ya ladies, I am in love with them! I'll never go back to nasty disposable pads, blech! These are so much more comfortable and my periods have gotten shorter. My cramps and back pain are significantly less than they were before. I've not had to waste money on pads in 3 months and I'm loving that just as much as not getting super itchy or having the sticky side of the pad rip are of the legs or sensitive areas.

I was never a huge tampon user so these work great for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 5:44 PM
Huh. Ill have to look them up and compare them to diva cups.
I've thought about mama cloth but I've never been much of a pad wearer.
What do you do with them when you're out in public and need to change them? Do you have a ziplock bag? That's what we do for cloth dipers.
How do they stay in place?
Can you see them? Like if you're looking at my butt are they so thick you could see it? Lol.
Where do you get them? I know a lot of WAHM make them on CM but I don't have a PP account or whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 6:01 PM
Jess- check them out. I like that you can still have sex with them in. They are disposable :/ but one lasts all day.

http://www.softcup.com/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 6:11 PM
Okay now I found they sell DivaCups in Olympia, which is about 1/2 hour from where I am.
So I don't know which one I should get- diva cup or soft cup. Or if I should get both and try them out? Hmmm....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 7:25 PM
A lot of people make mama cloth wet bags so you can just put them in there while your our and about or put them in with diapers. A ziplock would fine. I put mine with my diapers. I also wash them with my diapers.

Mine have snaps on the wings so they snap in place. Sometimes they shift a little but it's still better than a pad folding over on it's self and getting stuck to everything down there lol.

I don't think they show, I've checked myself and I never see anything that looks like a pad.

I got mine from a WAHM, cotton cheeks. She has the best prices out there that I've found and I LOVE her product! She's fist set I bought and I'll continue to buy from her. She's awesome! You can find her on hyenacart and on facebook.

I think I would probably go with a diva cup just because I wouldn't have to buy them again. You could always try them both out and see what you like better. There are also a lot of different reusable cups out there. I have heard the diva runs a little on the long side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 9:59 PM
Yeah I got a diva cup and the insteads. Id still like to try mama cloth for like a panty liner or at night. At the co op I went to one was $7!! Is that a decent price? I dunno lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 29, 2011 at 10:02 PM
I make my own mama cloth :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN