Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

meat or no meat

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 1:23 PM
  • 10 Replies
Have you considered switching to a meatless diet? Would you eat the meatless meat or just stick with veggies and fruits?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angeldolphine
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 3:11 PM

My husband won't eat fruits and veggies...so he would starve lol!

mommaGof3
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 3:33 PM
My hubby said that's one think he won't change. "I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy"
I've thought about giving up meat just by myself but I really do love some cheeseburgers lol...idk though I'm still trying to decided if that's something I would be able to live with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 4:43 PM
We eat meat but lately I've had an aversion to it (and I'm not pregnant) lol. SO would starve if we didn't eat meat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zboys
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 4:56 PM

With four males in the house along with me, we're a meat-eating family.

chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 8:47 PM
I was a vegetarian for a couple of years and have considered going back. I am trying to convince my hubby to join me...... We'll see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 9:05 PM
Probably wouldn't give up meat completely. Its so tasty. And were meant to be omnivores... check our teeth! But I could definately cut back on the meat. We went meatless today. Dinner was black and pinto beans with brown rice, garlic and onions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Mmm that sounds yummy!
I do agree though we are meant to eat meat and it's sooooo tasty! I also think there's healthier ways to eat it, more lean meat than fatty meat. I've become curious as to the whole "no meat diets" however. My sister stopped eating red meat and it's kinda spark my interest however I love a good burger or nice juicy steak!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 12:42 PM
All our meat was frozen, and we get SOOOOO many beans from WIC. You can only make chili so many times... so when dh asked what we were doing for dinner last night, I said something without meat. Then rice and beans popped into my head (comes from living next to purto ricans for 5 + years, lol) and I just went to allrecipes.com and found a recipe for it. It could have been a little heavier on the spice though...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryb311
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I could not give up meat. My 9 year old howevee wants to be a vegetarian...we came to an agreement though she has to eat meat 2 times a week. I also don't think she could give up tacos or shrimp though. lol

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Sep. 9, 2011 at 1:06 AM
I'm a vegetarian. I eat some veggie meats but not so much anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)