Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oops!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:21 AM
  • 14 Replies
So I went make bread, got my yeast mixed and went to grab milk...I have none! I don't have a car to go get any and all my neighbors are at work. Jake (my dh) doesn't get off work until 4. Should I just scrap the yeast mix or can I keep it in the fridge or something? I really don't wanna toss it but I don't know what to do...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 11:51 AM
I dunno but that sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 12:05 PM
It does! I had enough mixed to make a couple loaves too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Do you have any dry milk? You could mix that up. Does it HAVE to have milk? Could you use some sort of juice instead? Or just plain water?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3superkids
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 12:55 PM

I did that once and I just found a different recipe that didn't require milk but used the same amount of water and yeast.

TaeTaeLove
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Next time you go shopping buy a box of powdered milk. It takes forever for it to expire and you'll have it for times like this. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 1:07 PM
Ooo! Can I get that recipe from you?

Quoting momof3superkids:

I did that once and I just found a different recipe that didn't require milk but used the same amount of water and yeast.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 1:08 PM
That is a really good idea, I'm gonna have to do that

Quoting TaeTaeLove:

Next time you go shopping buy a box of powdered milk. It takes forever for it to expire and you'll have it for times like this. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 1:10 PM
Nope, don't have any dry milk, or juices lol...I guess I could try water..the recipe calls for milk though...I'm kinda a stickler for following the recipe but I really don't want this stuff to go to waste...I'm so made at myself for not checking to see if we had milk first

Quoting TaeTaeLove:

Do you have any dry milk? You could mix that up. Does it HAVE to have milk? Could you use some sort of juice instead? Or just plain water?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2011 at 5:54 PM
We bought a couple boxes with quart pouches inside for when we went camping. We mixed dds bottles with it instead of regular milk, and still have a ton left over. Plus wic let's you use your checks for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 6:47 PM
I'm gonna have to look into it for times like today when I go OH CRAP lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)