Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

what made you go green? (s/o of what's god got to do with it..kind of lol)

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:03 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm sure we all had certain circumstances that made us start making green choices. What were your reasons?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommaGof3
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:07 AM
My reasons started with diapering and money saving! We were getting ready to have an other baby and that would put us with 3 kids in diapers! Eeek! So I jumped into cloth diaper it's been a steady process since of changing the ways we do things, I'll admit that a lot of it is for the purpose of saving money but I wouldn't change back even if I had money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:15 AM
Money, pure and simple. The rest is just a happy by product.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryb311
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Quoting mommaGof3:

My reasons started with diapering and money saving! We were getting ready to have an other baby and that would put us with 3 kids in diapers! Eeek! So I jumped into cloth diaper it's been a steady process since of changing the ways we do things, I'll admit that a lot of it is for the purpose of saving money but I wouldn't change back even if I had money

I think this is funny because you thought I was some sort of freaky hippy when I started cloth and look at you now! I can call you a freaky hippy LMAO.

I also started with cloth diapers then it progressed to cloth wipes, mama cloth and trying to cut down on paper products. I have aways been somewhat green trying to reuse whatever I can but the diapering really opened my eyes to other things I could be doing also.

chrissysnow22
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 12:06 PM
I think it started when I had my baby. I wanted our home to be clean and safe without the chemical clean smell. I started buying method products before but wasn't sure of how safe it was so I looked into natural cleaners and then I learned more things I could do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuckyPlusOne
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Quoting chrissysnow22:

I think it started when I had my baby. I wanted our home to be clean and safe without the chemical clean smell. I started buying method products before but wasn't sure of how safe it was so I looked into natural cleaners and then I learned more things I could do.

This is exactly when I started.  I started thinking about things in terms of "I have another life to be reponsible for" and then started realizing how many chemicals are in everything.

mommaGof3
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Lol I did and you can :)

Quoting maryb311:

Quoting mommaGof3:

I think this is funny because you thought I was some sort of freaky hippy when I started cloth and look at you now! I can call you a freaky hippy LMAO.

I also started with cloth diapers then it progressed to cloth wipes, mama cloth and trying to cut down on paper products. I have aways been somewhat green trying to reuse whatever I can but the diapering really opened my eyes to other things I could be doing also.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeldolphine
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Well, saving money because we barely make it. (we make minimum wage but still manage to pay for everything by being wise with our money) influenced cloth diapers, and somewhat of breastmilk (although, mostly I breastfeed my son because of the incredible health benifits and the immunity properties and how it adjusts to what he needs), recycling and taking care of the enviroment because my husband's logic behind it makes sense to me. He strongly supports taking care of the enviroment because God would want us to and we are responsible for taking care of what He gave us.

SalmonBerry87
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 3:25 PM
Ditto!! Lol. And reducing waste. That's why we started cloth diapering.

Quoting TaeTaeLove:

Money, pure and simple. The rest is just a happy by product.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)