Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

repurposing glass bottles

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:39 AM
  • 6 Replies
since we have no recycling bins and we can't seem to find a place to take them around here I wanting to repurpose my glass jars and bottles. Do ya'll have any ideas? I was thinking maybe rice and pasta holders but other than that I'm not sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Angeldolphine
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 3:42 PM

You can also use them to put leftovers in, or as decorations if you were to decorate them or fill them with pretty things like beads or pretty rocks.

mommaGof3
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 4:00 PM
I thought about doing decorative sand, do you know what I'm talking about? We use to do those in school and make pictures with the different colored sand in the glass bottles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryb311
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 5:03 PM

You can use them for alot of things. Like you said store dry goods in them such as rice and beans. We use them for draining cooking grease into. We don't do alot of fried foods so one spaghetti sauce jar will last us a couple months.

You can use them around the house to store arts and craft supplies in them, little girl's hair ties and barrettes, nails and screws, all kinds of things. Also make great vases when your children pick and bring you the neighbor's flowers!! We have one of those big Sam's pickle jars we throw our loose change in. (we say we are going to fill it up and use that money for vacation lol) My 9yr old DD uses a coffee can for her allowance.

mommaGof3
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 5:16 PM
We have one of those empty "money" jars from Sam's lol...never makes it to the top!

I didn't think about putting hair clips and such in them, that's a good idea too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryb311
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Yea ours hasn't been very full yet either lol! There are alot of pennies in it but no silver.

Sewing notions would be good to put in a jar too. Extra bobbins, seam ripper, scissors...things that you keep close to you while you sew. I know when I sew I have to search under fabric on my table to find what I am looking for half the time. Grrr

Quoting mommaGof3:

We have one of those empty "money" jars from Sam's lol...never makes it to the top!

I didn't think about putting hair clips and such in them, that's a good idea too

mommaGof3
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 6:19 PM
That's a good idea too! I think I might use one for a toothbrush holder too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN