Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

laundry day

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM
  • 6 Replies
Yesterday was laundry day for me. It had piled up for a while, both clean and dirty, hoping to be able to use my line. Ended up having to use the dryer and folding a small moiuntain of clothes (literally 6 ft wide by about 31/2 ft tall). How do you make your laundry day green, especially if you can't use your line?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommaGof3
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 8:36 PM
If I run out of room on the line I'll lay stuff out on the dyer. If I just can't use my line cause of weather, I ended up using my dyer cause I can't lay it out all over my house or it'll need to be washed again, my kids would run all over it and throw it every where.
I want to find a rack that I can use in the winter though cause I really don't want to use my dyer all winter. I'm also looking into getting a washboard and possibly the tub too so I can hand wash the clothes and stop using my washer all together .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Sep. 9, 2011 at 12:23 AM
I'm bad, I always use the dryer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM
I use the dryer mostly in the summer. It rains every day here, almost, and the clothes usually end up soaked. So when I use the dryer, I try to keep it running till I'm done. I don't let it hit the cool down part of the cycle, so there's residual heat left for the next load. I never use a hot wash (don't even have the hot water turned on for the washer). I use about half the detergent called for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Have you thought of getting wool dryer balls? They are supposed to cut dry time in half
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 11:50 AM
We have to wash clothes like every other day it seems like. And we don't have a line so we use the dryer. :/ but we mostly use the laundry soap I made. Which reminds me... I need to make more but I HATE grating the soap! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2011 at 6:26 PM
* except in the summer. And we're on a purchase moratorium until dh gets some more work and the bills are caught up on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)