Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

spiders...blah *shudder*

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a huge fear of spiders, they creep me out massively and I swear they are out to get me (unrational I know but I'm just calling it like I see it...they don't run away from me they run at me). Anywho, today's the first day in about a week I've been able to use my line cause it's been raining like crazy. Well I go out there and I'm hanging up my littlest ones blankets and there's this HUGE spider web, I don't see a spider so I grab a stick and start taking the web down, from a distance mind you, and then I knock one of the clothes pins and the big HUGE nasty spider with it's creepy legs moves. This sucker is HUGE! I'm totally freaking out won't go near the damn clothes pin, if I touch the clothes pin the spiders moves and if that huge thing moves it's gonna land on me and if it does there's a possibility of me hurting my self while my spaztic "omfg there's a huge ass spider on me, GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF" dance proceeds.

So ladies here is my question for ya'll...how do keep spiders away? I don't care if they are good for whatever they are good for, I just want to keep them away from my clothes line, my clothing and from giving me a heart attack!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 9:42 AM
Replies (11-16):
MelindaMartelli
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 9:23 AM

It sounds like the nest was right by your home. They all hatched right by the house. I would be curious as to what kind they are because they are so huge like that. 

Quoting mommaGof3:

They suck don't they! We had a huge garden spider in the garden and I almost walked right into it! I was jumping over plants, almost ran my husband over screaming "OH MY GOD"....we left there and it took me days to go back in the garden and then the same kinda spider made a web right outside my front door....after me, I'm telling ya lol

mommaGof3
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 10:05 AM
I am so not curious lol...and the thought of their nest being close to my house....totally gives me the creeps! Eeeeewwwwww!

Quoting MelindaMartelli:

It sounds like the nest was right by your home. They all hatched right by the house. I would be curious as to what kind they are because they are so huge like that. 

Quoting mommaGof3:

They suck don't they! We had a huge garden spider in the garden and I almost walked right into it! I was jumping over plants, almost ran my husband over screaming "OH MY GOD"....we left there and it took me days to go back in the garden and then the same kinda spider made a web right outside my front door....after me, I'm telling ya lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 10:08 AM
We've got coons, deer, possums and snakes...I'd rather have bunnies than snakes

Quoting TaeTaeLove:

I know the woods problem, we have it too. At least we don't have the snakes... just rabbits and coons and possums.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 11:47 AM
I don't mind the long legged daddy long leg looking spiders, but the big brown ones, the hairy ones, the ones with long skinny legs and a giant bulbous butt and the little ones that jump FREAK ME OUT! Lol.
We had a nasty looking spider in our barn when I was younger and I killed it with bee spray and that night I got a wicked bite so I don't kill them unless they are on me or IN my house.
*shudder*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 12:06 PM
Yea I don't mess with them either! I can't kill them, I'm terrified they'll jump on me or bite me. I've grabbed clothes pin before that spiders have been on and I throw it clear across the yard and leave it there for a couple days. Jake is my spider killer, I can't do it. If he's not home my 8 year old kills them if they are small enough.

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

I don't mind the long legged daddy long leg looking spiders, but the big brown ones, the hairy ones, the ones with long skinny legs and a giant bulbous butt and the little ones that jump FREAK ME OUT! Lol.

We had a nasty looking spider in our barn when I was younger and I killed it with bee spray and that night I got a wicked bite so I don't kill them unless they are on me or IN my house.

*shudder*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Sep. 10, 2011 at 12:45 PM
LOL! My mom is like that too. One time at my dads house (my mom was dropping me off) there was a spider on the side of his house that was yellow and black on the underside but like a silver/chrome on its back. It freaked my mom out so bad she took off down the road, barefoot, talking on his cordless phone to my friend lol.

Quoting mommaGof3:

Yea I don't mess with them either! I can't kill them, I'm terrified they'll jump on me or bite me. I've grabbed clothes pin before that spiders have been on and I throw it clear across the yard and leave it there for a couple days. Jake is my spider killer, I can't do it. If he's not home my 8 year old kills them if they are small enough.

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

*shudder*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)