Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Repurposing in the garden

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

Since the inside of our crockpot broke, I now have the outside part in the backyard as a planter.  It's got some little flowers in it and they are doing well.  It's an old crockpot, so it already had a small hole in the bottom center. 

I also tried to convert an old bar-b-quer into a planter this past summer, but since it was soo hot, I think the metal from the pit killed the plantling.  I might try again this fall with a different plant.  We shall see.

I've seen pictures of old boots with plants in them--thought they were cute.  Have you repurposed anything in your garden?

by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommaGof3
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Coke bottles we repurposed as plant holders.

We repurposed our old charcoal grill in to a meat smoker when we got a new grill. Well more like my hubby did but yea...it smokes meat really well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 4:33 PM
Nope, but there's a house on the other side of town that has a flower "bed". They partially buried a bras headboard and foot board, and grow a bunch of flowers in it. Super cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zboys
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Quoting mommaGof3:

We repurposed our old charcoal grill in to a meat smoker when we got a new grill. Well more like my hubby did but yea...it smokes meat really well!

A meat smoker, huh?  Cool! 

zboys
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Quoting TaeTaeLove:

Nope, but there's a house on the other side of town that has a flower "bed". They partially buried a bras headboard and foot board, and grow a bunch of flowers in it. Super cute!

I've seen a flower "bed" like that at the farm just north of here.  It's very cute!

zboys
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 6:07 PM

We have a brick we have on the side of the house.  I saw a picture of a brick that was used as a planter.  I might have to try that. 

mommaGof3
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 6:38 PM
Yep, I'm not sure how he did it but he's handy like that

Quoting zboys:

Quoting mommaGof3:

A meat smoker, huh?  Cool! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN