Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Soup, stews and more :)

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 9:13 AM
  • 17 Replies
Since fall is here and with fall comes cooler weather followed by winter and even colder weather I thought we could share some of our "stay warm" winter recipes.

What's some of your favorite warm you up recipes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nutmeg101
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 9:29 AM
We make potato soup- but there isn't a recipie. Chop up potatoes, onion, celery, salt and pepper, to taste, and a touch of flour to help thicken it. Love it! I usually make it for the first snow- not this year, but I think I'm making it this weekend!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Vegetable soup

2 tbls olive oil
2 cups chopped onions
1 cup thinly sliced celery
2 tsp italian dressing
Coarse salt and ground pepper
3 cans of reduced sodium vegetable broth
1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes, with juice
1 can tomato paste
8 cups of fresh veggies (carrots, corn, potatoes, zucchini, lima beans..whatever veggie you want really)

Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat, add onions, celery and Italian seasoning, add salt and pepper (to taste) cook, stiring frequently until onions are translucent, 5 - 8 minutes

Add broth, tomatoes with their juice, tomato paste and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.

Add veggies to pot, return to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, 20 - 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Mmmm! I love potato soup!

Quoting Nutmeg101:

We make potato soup- but there isn't a recipie. Chop up potatoes, onion, celery, salt and pepper, to taste, and a touch of flour to help thicken it. Love it! I usually make it for the first snow- not this year, but I think I'm making it this weekend!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TotallyConfused
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Potato soup sounds really good to me... After making a new dog food recipe last week, I am ready to make some chicken stew!!! Will try to remember to get out the recipe later...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 11:35 AM
I hate potato soup. Mom used to try to trick me by calling it "spud chowder" but I still hated it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Spud chowder! Lol!

Broccoli soup is good too! I'm making Nicole's recipe tonight :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyWillowsMama
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Mmmmmmmm, my mom makes a killer corn chowder. I'm doing a big shopping trip this weekend. Hopefully I remember to get ingredients for soup. Someone remind me! Haha!!!

soy_latte
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I love soup. All I would eat it soup if I could!

My kids don't like it, though. No matter what texture, what flavor. If they have to eat it with a spoon they don't like it. 

SalmonBerry87
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 11:09 PM
LOL @ Nicole!! Kids are weird. I hated stuff as a kid that I love now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soy_latte
by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 11:19 PM

It is SO weird!

They will eat mashed sweet potatoes... but not sweet potato soup. They taste exactly the same.

They love corn and potatoes... but they will not eat corn chowder. They taste exactly the same.

Josh eats like 253 tomatoes a day... but he will not eat tomato soup. They taste exactly the same.

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

LOL @ Nicole!! Kids are weird. I hated stuff as a kid that I love now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)