Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 13: Green Your Clean

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 112 Replies

Clean your house AND save the planet. Reduce your -- and everyone's -- exposure to harmful chemicals by cleaning au naturel.

Try making your own cleaning products! (Bonus: you'll also save lots of money!) Use natural, inexpensive, effective ingredients such as vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice, and plain old hot water. Cut up old t-shirts and towels for reusable cleaning rags.  

Do you make your own cleaning products? Got any other green cleaning tips to share?

sweepingIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for The Spring Cleaning Challenge, click here.

by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonmamas
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I haven't, but I have been interested so thanks for this! I'll do some research.

epilepsymom
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Recently I made the decision to go green.. Im making as many home made cleaners as I can.. Its better for the planet and better for my family

Jenn8604
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I use vinegar to clean most the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
I already make all my own cleaners :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devsmom98
I haven't done this yet either but I am willing to try..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
1 mom liked this

I have made a few, but not as much as I should I guess. dh doesn't like the vinegar smell, which is mostly what I used, and it does linger. I am getting ready to make a shower cleaner with Dawn and vinegar. You heat the vinegar, then add Dawn so it mixes well. I'll see how it works.

Thelmama

I haven't really before. I may try this though if not just for my poor allergies.

Thelmama
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I will try this

superwoman8977
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I like vinegar but I also wont stop using my clorox and all that...

notjstanothrmom
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes! We use vinegar and water solution in a spray bottle. Sometimes I get fancy and add a little lemon and someday I'd like tp play around with another fragrence. We use baking soda and vinegar to clean things like the inside of the toilet bowl, rust rings from shaving cream, any staining on counters or sinks.

Straight up vinegar works great for windows as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)