Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

We got our chicks! We were only planning on 4 but the feedstore has a 6 chicken minimum. So we got 3 Banties and 3 Americaunas. We were going to get Wyandottes but they had Americaunas in stock so that's what we went with instead of ordering some.
They are so goddamn cute its ridiculous lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Replies (21-29):
bhwrn1
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:08 PM

We built a brooder. Never actually got in there with them, not enough room. We used to lift them out and cuddle them.

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Maggie was pointing at them and laughing at the feedstore when we got them. But she's WAY to little to be around them now lol. So I'm the one taking care of them. I have a cramp in my hip/butt/back from sitting in their little coop with them lol.

Quoting bhwrn1:

So cute! My kids were so excited when the chickens were that age. They helped with everythin in raising them!

SalmonBerry87
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Our coop is basically a big dog house. Lol. It was my sister's for her goats, then our goats, then I cleaned it completely out and modified it for the itty bitty chicks. When I sit in there my favorite bantam Prudence comes up to me.

Quoting bhwrn1:

We built a brooder. Never actually got in there with them, not enough room. We used to lift them out and cuddle them.

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Maggie was pointing at them and laughing at the feedstore when we got them. But she's WAY to little to be around them now lol. So I'm the one taking care of them. I have a cramp in my hip/butt/back from sitting in their little coop with them lol.

Quoting bhwrn1:

So cute! My kids were so excited when the chickens were that age. They helped with everythin in raising them!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM

She's so cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM

She fell asleep when I was petting her chest lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Rhode island reds, wyandottes, black star, red star, austrolorps (so gentle)!!
Really you can't go wrong with the egg layers!
I have noticed that my aurucanas are a bit more aggressive, but not unmanageable.

Quoting babynurse454:

What type of chicks would you recommend for first timers? I just want fresh eggs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM
You're making me want to get new babies!!! Maybebill just let some of the girls brood some for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miranda1127
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:13 PM

awwww....

JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:13 PM

awww... we get our sheep today!

SalmonBerry87
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Yay! I can't wait to see pics!

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

awww... we get our sheep today!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN