Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Anyone have a vegetable garden?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 10 Replies

I really want to plant a vegetable garden. Do you think it's to late? I live in south Texas and we are already have temps in the mid 80's.

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvsherboyz
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Not too late at all. Do some research about what grows best in your type of soil and plant/buy seedlings of known warm/hot weather plants...

Moms_Angels1960
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Nope, not late at all.

mommaGof3
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Nope its not to late :) and I agree about doing some research.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nutmeg101
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:19 PM
I haven't planted mine either. Need to get cracking :-) we have a short growing season
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I just planted mine yesterday, but I live in Oregon and it was just finally warm enough.

ysmeine
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I had a really hard time gardening when we lived in TX, just north of houston. I was used to gardening in the north and never concidered the climate. I think you will do great with peppers and tomatoes, okra, eggplant, basicly warm weather plants. As for lettuce, peas, carrots, greens, cool items you might wait for fall. Good luck and let us know how things go.

cuppycake91
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I haven't planed either and I'm in south Texas also :) It will be my first time making a garden so hopefully I don't kill everything. lol

mammapav
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:47 PM

We had frost 2x last week in Pa. So I have stuff started in the house but I will not plant anything till the end of May.

Miranda1127
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I'm in PA, most of what I've started calls for mar-may planting. I've already begun my seedlings and will be planting them in the ground (planters) soon.

I think you should still have time to get going, but you should probably start soon.

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:01 AM

It's not too late. You probably have to buy plants, tho, instead of growing from seed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)