Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

A Living, Breathing Wall of Plants - Right in Your Own Home!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 17 Replies

A wall in your house that lives and breathes and even purifies the air sounds like science fiction, right? But it's actually a simple and relatively inexpensive project you can do to "green" your home's interior. Watch the video to find out how!

Is creating a living plant wall in your home something you'd like to try? Or will you maybe add a few potted plants to your rooms instead? :)

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Amanda
by Head Admin on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I'll stick to little cheap pots of greenery placed here and there because with my track record, I'd be staring at a wall of dead leaves in no time (no matter how easy it's meant to be, I have an unfortunate black thumb!). :P

Having said that, I LOVE this idea, and if I ever figure out why I have such bad luck with plants I might give it a try! Especially in the kitchen - I'd love to be able to reach over to the wall and pick some salad greens or herbs even.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I don't exactly have a green thumb either (mine is more brown than black though).  

It's a neat idea, and I can imagine the beauty of it in any home.  But, I think I'll be sticking to my potted plants.

Quoting Cafe Amanda:

Personally, I'll stick to little cheap pots of greenery placed here and there because with my track record, I'd be staring at a wall of dead leaves in no time (no matter how easy it's meant to be, I have an unfortunate black thumb!). :P

Having said that, I LOVE this idea, and if I ever figure out why I have such bad luck with plants I might give it a try! Especially in the kitchen - I'd love to be able to reach over to the wall and pick some salad greens or herbs even.

bamababe1975
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM

That is so cool! I'm only good with things that are low maintenance like pothos ivy or spider plants, lol.

foodie.at.heart
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Although we don't have a living plant wall, I do believe in having live plants in our home. They add to the atmosphere. 

LancesMom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I love plants... my dogs don't! But I wish I could have more. I want to actually do a herb garden this yr in my window! =)

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Me too.  All of my plants are very easy maintenance.  Good thing too, since I forget to water them until they've started to wilt and look sick.

Quoting bamababe1975:

That is so cool! I'm only good with things that are low maintenance like pothos ivy or spider plants, lol.

Cafe AmyS

They sure do!

Quoting foodie.at.heart:

Although we don't have a living plant wall, I do believe in having live plants in our home. They add to the atmosphere. 

Cafe AmyS

Hahaha!  My dogs will eat them if they are too low to the ground.  My cat will as well.

I'd love to do an herb garden.  I might just do something that I can keep in the house.

Quoting LancesMom:

I love plants... my dogs don't! But I wish I could have more. I want to actually do a herb garden this yr in my window! =)

eds6619
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM

LOVE this idea!

cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Love it!! Will be trying this at least on a small scale!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN