Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

A Greener You Challenge, Day 4: Green your Love Life

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 6:31 AM
  • 57 Replies

Earth Day is tomorrow! We suggest celebrating nature in your most natural state. ;) While you're at it, try these tips to make your love & sex life more eco-friendly!

• Splurge on organic sheets. These sheets require less processing, meaning that fewer chemicals and bleach are released into the environment during production.
  • Turn off the TV. No TV in the bedroom will save energy--plus it's better for your relationship, since it gives you more opportunity to actually talk to each other!
  • Skip the perfume. It may be a turn-on for your SO, but perfume is bad for the environment. According to "Eco-Sex" by Stefanie Iris Weiss, 80-90% of perfumes are made from petroleum products, and they release volatile organic compounds when sprayed.
  • Use natural latex condoms: When you're finished with them, wrap them up and put them in the garbage -- flushing used condoms down the toilet can be very harmful for ocean life.

Which green love life tips do you want to try? Do you have other suggestions? Tell us in the replies below!

kissIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 8 Days to a Greener You Challenge, click here.

by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evansmommy03
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I already rarely wear perfume and I may try the sheets the next time I need to buy some. 

fallnangel3
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:10 AM
I didn't know that about perfume, although since I sneeze around it I never wear it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Well, I don't wear perfume, only a drop of eo mixed with vit e oil.  

Don't use condoms

Sheets, I have been wanting to pick some bamboo sheets up, they are extremely soft!  

As far as extras...  hmmm I will have to come back!  

mamamiajk
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:58 AM

The sheets sound great and I am all for turning off the TV

SalmonBerry87
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM
We have organic bamboo sheets but they don't fit our current bed. And we don't have the money to splurge.
We hardly have the TV on anyway since we don't have cable so this one is do-able. ;)
I don't wear perfume hardly ever. Usually if I want to smell nice I use EOs and a carrier oil.
We don't use condoms. ;)
Nutmeg101
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I will have to look into organic sheets- we only watch 1 TV show a week, no perfume (rarely anyway) and no condoms.

I can't come up with another way to "go green" in the bedroom. .....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2B110
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I don't wear perfume and we will be turning off the tv

MelindaPerry
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I plan on splurging on bamboo or silk sheets the next time I buy sheets (which is hopefully soon)

I only use the tv in the bedroom when I'm folding laundry LOL

I rarely use perfume...but am all for ditching it all together and using EO's instead! 

We are ttc, so no condoms here and afterwards, we're both getting "fixed" so we won't need them! 

bama_mama07
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I would love to keep the tv off. 

MamaBear2cubs
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I like these lol. I think the organic sheets sound pretty neat!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN