Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

A Greener You Challenge Day 8: Green Your Kids

Posted by   + Show Post

It's great that you're making an effort to go green. Are your kids following your example?

Your activity for today is:
Green Your Kids.

Try some of these fun ways to teach your kids about the importance of preserving the environment:

• Pack lunches for school in reusable lunch bags
  • Plant a tree with your kids
  • Teach your kids to turn off lights when they leave the room and to turn off the water when they’re brushing their teeth and only turn it back on when they’re ready to rinse
  • Go on family walks to run errands, or just to enjoy being outdoors, instead of always piling everyone in the car

What are some other ways you can teach your kids to go green? Share your ideas in the replies below!

lunchbagIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 8 Days to a Greener You Challengeclick here.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:57 AM
Replies (31-40):
rkoloms
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:22 PM

recycling

taking public transit

using cloth towels and napkins instead of paper

mammapav
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM

We do all these already.

jenniferlee_12
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:54 PM

We teach them to recycle.

WheelerWife
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:33 PM
We do reusable lunch boxes.
Janet
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:35 PM

We rae working on getting them to turn the lights off.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM

My dd always has the chore of taking the scraps to the compost pile, she helps with the gardening also, she helps take things to the recycling center.I am going to be making the reusable bags for lunches this summer on my to do list. She doesn't run the water when brushing her teeth, Lights on if you're not in a room is a huge no no in our house.

hfaddis
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM

mine know about the lights and water, and we try to take a walk and enjoy outside time any chance we can.

mello2342
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I can't do any of these cause I don't have any kids. I know I'm on Cafe Mom but I joined because I was pregnant and then had a miscarriage. and just stayed on the site.

momof3inTN
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:58 PM

My kids already call me the electrity boss. I have been known to assign lines to children who leave lights on in rooms they are not in. LOL I wish we could walk to do our errands but with 4 kids (12years - 3 months) and this busy, busy road we live on, plus the fact that the closest store is 2 miles away... yeah, we pile into the van for any trip to the store.

cabrandy03
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:10 PM

When we're at the park dd likes to pick up garbage thats on the gound  :) it's pretty cute lol!  Anyway other then that, i'm trying to teach her about gardening right now (shes really young still though so I try to keep it real simple)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)