Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Organic pest control...

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM
  • 16 Replies

...any recipes or tips? I'm mostly looking for something for mosquitoes, but a field mice deterrent would be great too.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM
For mice we have a cat :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miranda1127
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

lol...I have two, they chase them down, kill them, even eat them. But it doesn't keep the mice from coming back.

LuvMySavage
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I don't know how well this would do with mosquitoes, but I use Diatomaceous Earth as our only form of pest control. I sprinkle it all around the yard every few weeks in the warmer months.

I also apply it along the baseboards and under furniture for indoor pest control (ants, fleas, beetles).

It works great!

cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I KNOW someone just posted about this! They wanted one of us with skeeters to try it out...Let me see if I can find it!

eds6619
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I saw some neat ideas on pinterest the other day.  I'll find them later and post.

Miranda1127
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Thanks ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:48 AM
1 mom liked this

We use a garlic based spray for the  mosquitos but we are going to do bat houses very soon, probably during the summer. For mice, DH has an electronic gadget that I don't know the name of.

mamamiajk
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

The cats are just a great rodent ridder and and as far as mosquitos....Marigolds and lem herb are both deterants. As far as ants go a trail of baking soda and it stops them in their tracks! It really does work and it's cheap and best of all it is child and pet safe.

Nee86
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Plant marigolds around your yard. Mosquitoes don't like them.
For the mice, you need to what they are after. We had a big problem with mice a few years ago. Our roommates had food in their rooms and that is what the mice were after. I also had to put all our food in containers so the mice wouldn't get it.
Miranda1127
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:57 PM

thanks, all of our food is in containers. It has been for at least 6mo now b/c of the mice. They still come in, they still get killed, I still find heads and blood smears through out the house. YUCK btw.

Quoting Nee86:

Plant marigolds around your yard. Mosquitoes don't like them.
For the mice, you need to what they are after. We had a big problem with mice a few years ago. Our roommates had food in their rooms and that is what the mice were after. I also had to put all our food in containers so the mice wouldn't get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN