Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Happy May Day!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:28 AM
  • 18 Replies

Happy May Day!  What does it mean to your family?  

by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaGof3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Blessed Beltane to you as well!

May Day or Beltane is one of our biggest sabbats/holidays. Tonight we are having a special dinner and today I am buying some fishes! We will also go on walk and look for some flowers. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nutmeg101
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM
I really need to study up LOL. Happy Beltane to you!

Today, I am just obsessed with shopping for hubs. Bday tomorrow and I have NOTHING.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I am currently on my way to the buy my fish!!! Yay!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Myself, need refreshing in alot of my holidays.  It has been so long.  When the kids were little I followed the basic religious holidays due to my ex husband being Catholic.  But now, since it's us (the df, myself, and my kids) I am changing it around to what I am use to celebrating.  Plus my kids seem to take after me on the most part when it comes to beliefs.  My DF is spiritual but not religious.  I might be able to confirm him.  lol!  :)  

cemcnair
by Courtney on May. 1, 2012 at 10:07 AM
May day has always been a celebration if flowers to me, the true growing season of summer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Happy May Day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Exactly! Flowers and fertility :)

Quoting cemcnair:

May day has always been a celebration if flowers to me, the true growing season of summer!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM

It means nothing...LOL.

Happy May Day to you too!

SpiritedDragon
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Df took me for a nice 3hour break from work today.  :)  Went and got some ice cream, and then watched two families of ducks hang out in the water.  It was a beautiful day for ice cream and a walk.  I love him!  <3   But I am going to run to the store in a little while, and pick up some flowers from the market, and make a nice summer dinner.  

SalmonBerry87
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Merry Beltane!! This year we really can't do anything lol. We have been spending all of our time and effort on the chickens and other things on our property and it sort of snuck up on us. John has been putting up the greenhouse today though! Its a day of fertility and gettin it on. Ha ha! We can't though tonight so we will make up for it once AF is gone. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN