Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

QOTD 5/5

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:12 AM
  • 12 Replies

Happy Cinco De Mayo!  Does your family celebrate this Holiday?  If you do how do you celebrate it keeping the "green" lifestyle?  If you don't celebrate it, how do you keep your celebrations green?  

by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalmonBerry87
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM
No... were not big on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM
No.

Yes. I wrap gifts in newspaper, make gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nutmeg101
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Nah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM
We do a little mexica dinner and sometime we will have a little party. Our family as a whole likes parties. Lol. Any reason we can have to celebrate we take it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I enjoy having get together's also.  In some ways I wish my family (my side) lived closer so we could.  My dad can be a hoot depending on how much he drinks.  My brother and sister in law, not so sure.  Never been around them long enough to celebrate anything.  Plus my brother doesn't drink.  Jay (DF) 's family is local well his parents are.  So we have lunch and dinner with them occasional sometimes with my kids and sometimes when my kids are at school just for some adult time.  lol!  

Quoting mommaGof3:

We do a little mexica dinner and sometime we will have a little party. Our family as a whole likes parties. Lol. Any reason we can have to celebrate we take it.

mommaGof3
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Idk what it is about us but we just like to enjoy life I guess. Sometimes enjoy a little to much. Lol. During the summer we are always having bonfires and bbq's. It's just my mom and 2 of my sisters who live close but on the occasions that the whole family is together we do it right. Even though we always do it right. Lol.

Now my dad.... none of us want to drink with.... i'd probably end up in jail for domestic violence.

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

I enjoy having get together's also.  In some ways I wish my family (my side) lived closer so we could.  My dad can be a hoot depending on how much he drinks.  My brother and sister in law, not so sure.  Never been around them long enough to celebrate anything.  Plus my brother doesn't drink.  Jay (DF) 's family is local well his parents are.  So we have lunch and dinner with them occasional sometimes with my kids and sometimes when my kids are at school just for some adult time.  lol!  

Quoting mommaGof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I don't drink as much as I use to.  But then again, I am not around the military now.  lol  

Quoting mommaGof3:

Idk what it is about us but we just like to enjoy life I guess. Sometimes enjoy a little to much. Lol. During the summer we are always having bonfires and bbq's. It's just my mom and 2 of my sisters who live close but on the occasions that the whole family is together we do it right. Even though we always do it right. Lol.

Now my dad.... none of us want to drink with.... i'd probably end up in jail for domestic violence.

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

Quoting mommaGof3:

mommaGof3
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM
I dont do any where near as much as I did when I was around military! Those were some wild times!

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

I don't drink as much as I use to.  But then again, I am not around the military now.  lol  

Quoting mommaGof3:

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

Quoting mommaGof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miranda1127
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM

no

cabrandy03
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM

It's also my Dads birthday so we always do dinner (this year we had enchilladas)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)