Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living
So yesterday in preop at Uc Davis everyone who listened to his lungs would say "oh, I hear he has a little bit of asthma" now I was trying to get him tested for it but I keep getting told he cant be tested until he is 6 and I know that's not true!
They were amazing with him though. They have somebody there just to entertain the kids. He had so much fun in the 3 hours before surgery. And he wanted the lady who entertains to stay with him while they put him to sleep so she did. They couldn't give him the normal nets to relax him first because they all have dyes.
I was there when he woke up. We left about 30 minutes later. They gave us a voucher to get food at the cafeteria while his prescription was being filled. Because of the dyes they couldn't give him any of the liquid that they had. He was in a lot of pain by the time we found the pharmacy. Great, its closed!
Back to surgery to ask them what to do. They contacted the doctor who represcribed it at a wallgreens down the street.
So we get to the van and he cant handle sitting in his car seat. Thankfully I had a booster in my van and he rode in that to wallgreens. I was a nervous wreck!
So then wallgreens doesn't take his insurance (blue cross) but he needed those mess now so I paid out of pocket. The restrooms were locked and he had to pee. Took me telling someone he just had surgery, had urinary issues, and will pee right on their floor to get their attention.
Was stalked by someone heading out the door insisting I lived in the county and should sign the petition. I don't live there!! I wanted out of that part of town and Jason was crying the booster hurt too.
managed to get him in and gave him some meds. Made it about 15 minutes down the road when he felt like he had to throw up. He didn't thankfully but he decided his car seat was better than the booster so he went back in that. The rest of the drive was marked by stopping every 20 minutes either for him to pee or because he felt like he had to throw up. The last time he was refusing to get back in his seat it hurt so bad. So I'm standing there telling him we are almost home when I feel ants start to crawl up my legs. I'm standing in an ant hill!
I promise him I will call the doctor as soon as we get home and manage to get him in his seat.
about a minute from home he starts screaming louder the ants are biting him! Knowing I would never get him back in his seat I tell him to hold on and drive the rest of the way home.
my poor hubby comes outside to me telling him "get Jason. And get his clothes off!" And pushing past him to go call the doc.
Thankfully the on call urologist also did his surgery. She double checks and says I can up his pain meds. But he says it doesn't taste good and wont take it! I even tried smashing it in applesauce. He slept fitfully until midnight when what he had taken wore off. He was screaming but refused to take more. About 1 am we finally got him to take it in applesauce and he slept soundly until 11.
quite the... experience. Yikes! I just gave him more meds and hes going to spend the day watching movies on the couch.
My poor boy :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Replies (11-11):
fallnangel3
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:25 AM
I'm so glad he's doing better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN