Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

My garden is growing. (pic heavy)

by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
SpiritedDragon
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I seem to say I want to try something, but never get around to it until a couple of months down the road.  lol  :) 

Quoting RochelleFS:

;) lol...but of course.

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

I will try it one of these days ... maybe.  

Quoting RochelleFS:

I just grow a ton so I have more than enough although I've been told you can steam them and freeze them to save for sauces and cooked tomato dishes, I haven't tried yet.

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

How do you keep tomatoes if you don't have a lot.  I want to make some sauce.  But I get one or two tomatoes here and there.  :(  

Quoting RochelleFS:

I know right! I've had buckets of snow peas and snap peas so I froze a bunch. Even frozen it's still way better than the store. And the lettuce and salad greens, Yum! My tomatoes are just starting to bloom, can't wait to make my 1st batch of sauce! :)

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

They taste so much better then the food market!  

Quoting RochelleFS:

Wow! What a huge difference since your last pics. Looking great! Enjoy the fruits and veggies of your labor! :)

RochelleFS
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I definitely know how that goes. Life can be busy and there never seems to be enough time for everything I intend to do.

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

I seem to say I want to try something, but never get around to it until a couple of months down the road.  lol  :) 

Quoting RochelleFS:

;) lol...but of course.

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

Quoting RochelleFS:

I just grow a ton so I have more than enough although I've been told you can steam them and freeze them to save for sauces and cooked tomato dishes, I haven't tried yet.

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

How do you keep tomatoes if you don't have a lot.  I want to make some sauce.  But I get one or two tomatoes here and there.  :(  

Quoting RochelleFS:

I know right! I've had buckets of snow peas and snap peas so I froze a bunch. Even frozen it's still way better than the store. And the lettuce and salad greens, Yum! My tomatoes are just starting to bloom, can't wait to make my 1st batch of sauce! :)

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

Quoting RochelleFS:

Wow! What a huge difference since your last pics. Looking great! Enjoy the fruits and veggies of your labor! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

exactly....  

Quoting RochelleFS:

I definitely know how that goes. Life can be busy and there never seems to be enough time for everything I intend to do.

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

Quoting RochelleFS:

;) lol...but of course.

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

Quoting RochelleFS:

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

Quoting RochelleFS:

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

Quoting RochelleFS:

cemcnair
by Courtney on May. 5, 2012 at 10:18 PM
That's fantastic! I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM

holy moly. thats great.

cant wait till its warm enough here!!

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 6, 2012 at 12:25 AM
You can freeze them! I wash them and freeze them whole when I don't have time to do anything else. Pull them out and rinse under warm water. The skin comes right off!

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

Quoting RochelleFS:

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

Quoting RochelleFS:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaidansmylife
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:54 AM
Beautiful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachel_2010
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Jealous!  I am up in Canada, so just starting some seeds, nothing can be outside yet:(    But soon!

eds6619
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Holy smokes it looks so great.  I'm so jealous since we still haven't planted our...*insert VERY sad face*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)