Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

I need a CHEAP/QUICK dinner idea.

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 12 Replies

Help.  Any suggestions?  I really dont wanna go to the store, but don't have any ideas.

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaGof3
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Pasta is cheap and quick! This week we had to go cheap and quick too. So we are having pasta a few time and soup and tacos and roasted veggies with rice. Chili is cheap and easy too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I thought about pasta.  It was my go-to for so long, that I sometimes forget about it b/c we got so tired of it. LOL.

mom2aspclboy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this

My cheap stand-by meal is grilled cheese & tomato soup w/a salad. 

soy_latte
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

We're having parsnips, golden potatoes and sweet potatoes. Sliced, layered in a baking dish. Pour a mixture of coconut or almond milk and curry powder over them. Roast. 

eds6619
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

thanks ladies

mommaGof3
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:44 PM
We get tired of it too. Lol. My oldest LOVES it and would it every day if we let her so she's happy this week. Rice is also pretty cheap and quick and potatoes well. Beans are also fairly cheap.

Quoting eds6619:

I thought about pasta.  It was my go-to for so long, that I sometimes forget about it b/c we got so tired of it. LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I settled on pasta.

chrissysnow22
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM
We're having the broccoli and cheddar pasta that Sam posted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
numonestunar
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I make something similar. But I add carrots and bacon and I don't use curry powder. Yyuuuummm!

Quoting soy_latte:

We're having parsnips, golden potatoes and sweet potatoes. Sliced, layered in a baking dish. Pour a mixture of coconut or almond milk and curry powder over them. Roast. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:13 AM

That actually sounds really good.  But do you think you could use some other then curry, DH doesn't do well with it!  

Quoting soy_latte:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN