Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

OMG! really? Why?

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
  • 32 Replies
So I was at the store the other day when I noticed something in the produce department called grapples. Apparently grape flavored apples. I was like wth is that so I look at the container wondering if it's some new genetically modified crap and realize they have taken perfectly good apples and injected(?) Them with artificial grape flavor. Really? Now I need to check an ingredient list on fruit too. Wtf! Why? Why would anyone want to do that? Just wrong on so many levels. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illinoismommy83
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Grapples have been around for years. They have now moved on to bubble gum flavored apples and two other flavors... I think there is a citrus one and some other abomination of nature. They get away with it by claiming they use "all natural flavors", LOL.

These are all marketed at kids, because clearly the huge variety of normal apples didn't provide enough flavor variety. This is why I shop at the farmers market. 

mommaGof3
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Thats ridiculous! If people would just feed their kids fruit from the beginning we wouldnt have to modify them so kids eat them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM
I have never seen them before. And the clearly stated artificial grape flavor and preservatives. Ick. And they charge like $4 for a pack of 4, which is even more disgusting to me.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Grapples have been around for years. They have now moved on to bubble gum flavored apples and two other flavors... I think there is a citrus one and some other abomination of nature. They get away with it by claiming they use "all natural flavors", LOL.

These are all marketed at kids, because clearly the huge variety of normal apples didn't provide enough flavor variety. This is why I shop at the farmers market. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Right! My kids will never touch that artificially flavored apple crap!

Quoting mommaGof3:

Thats ridiculous! If people would just feed their kids fruit from the beginning we wouldnt have to modify them so kids eat them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM

That is sad, I didn't even know they did things like that.  But then again, I shop at the farmers market for my veggies and fruits.  

RochelleFS
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:06 AM
I didn't know this either. I'm still looking for a decent farmers market nearby. I walk to do all my shopping so it limits me a bit. The store I shop at has a great organic section though that seems to be growing all the time, which I like a lot.

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

That is sad, I didn't even know they did things like that.  But then again, I shop at the farmers market for my veggies and fruits.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM
I knew they genetically engendered those cutie oranges to have no seeds and they like to say " cuties are perfect for your little cutie" *eyeroll*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on May. 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Omg!!! Wth!!'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on May. 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM
I like those :( I think they were created with "selective breeding" so to speak. Genetically engineered by cross breeding mandarin and orange, but not genetically modified in a lab. Or at least I thought that was the case....

Quoting mommaGof3:

I knew they genetically engendered those cutie oranges to have no seeds and they like to say " cuties are perfect for your little cutie" *eyeroll*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Right! I was dumbfounded :(

Quoting cemcnair:

Omg!!! Wth!!'

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN