Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living
So I was at the store the other day when I noticed something in the produce department called grapples. Apparently grape flavored apples. I was like wth is that so I look at the container wondering if it's some new genetically modified crap and realize they have taken perfectly good apples and injected(?) Them with artificial grape flavor. Really? Now I need to check an ingredient list on fruit too. Wtf! Why? Why would anyone want to do that? Just wrong on so many levels. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
SamiiSecurity
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM
You know I just heard of grapples for the first time yesterday and I had NO idea that's what they were. I thought they were like a real mini apple or something! Fruit is natural! Why would they mess with that?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2aspclboy
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I know, I hate the way companies are constantly looking for new ways to adulterate food in the pursuit of the almighty dollar, and what makes me sad is that so many people believe that it's okay to eat the crap. 

RochelleFS
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Hmmm...haven't really thought about that. Just assumed like any other selective breeding it would be a chance mutation that was encouraged to continue. I'll have to look into that. I'm curious now.

Quoting mommaGof3:

So how would just cross pollinating or selective breed that with an orange make them seedless.. wouldnt you to take certain variables out so that there arent seeds

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It's a gala apple filled w/ artificial crap. I just don't get it. :/

Quoting SamiiSecurity:

You know I just heard of grapples for the first time yesterday and I had NO idea that's what they were. I thought they were like a real mini apple or something! Fruit is natural! Why would they mess with that?!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM
I know what you mean. I've been told by many during this debate that they(the companies) wouldn't make products if they weren't safe. I was like really? I had to list numerous things that have later been prooven unhealthy or completely hazardous before they go, oh! And stop talking.

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

I know, I hate the way companies are constantly looking for new ways to adulterate food in the pursuit of the almighty dollar, and what makes me sad is that so many people believe that it's okay to eat the crap. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miranda1127
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

lol...wow.

eds6619
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM

ok thats just nasty

RochelleFS
by on May. 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Yep!

Quoting eds6619:

ok thats just nasty

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallnangel3
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
When you selective cross pollinate you take the pollin of one plant (say a tree that produces fruit with a very small seed) and place it on the flowers of another plant (say a tree that has small fruit) you take the "baby" those two plants make and use a cutting method to replicate the plant with both sets of trates :) I had a cousin who "bred" new flowers its actually all really cool

Quoting mommaGof3:

So how would just cross pollinating or selective breed that with an orange make them seedless.. wouldnt you to take certain variables out so that there arent seeds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallnangel3
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM
I have never seen these and would never buy them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)