Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Training pants vs undies

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:20 PM
  • 15 Replies
I have a question for you been there done that moms!! Ds is 21 1/2 months and has been telling us when he pees and wants to go to the potty (usually he has already peed, but hey, he's trying!). He also hates having a wet diaper on now.
We currently cloth diaper, but they have a stay dry liner so it doesn't feel super wet when he pees (more so than disposables, but not like with prefolds).
So, do you think I should get some trainers or just go straight to undies? Aren't cloth trainers just like prefolds?
Thanks!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenaSmith
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:43 PM
i didnt do cloth with my son. But when he was ready i went straight to undies. Cause it taught him when he wetted himself and how to know the feeling of needing to go. It was just more laundry. I did try the pull up trainers but there just like diapers. I put them on when we went to town though. I also carried a extra set of clothes when we put him in undies. But once he learned to go he has been going ever since. He was super easy to train and i hope my 6m old son will too lol. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on May. 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM

With my dd we went strait to undies and she did well with that.  I am in the process of pottytraining my 21 month old ds and he doesn't ask to go potty but if I ask him he bolts to the potty lol.  But then does nothing until we leave the bathroom and pees on the floor :-/

We haven't switched him to undies yet.  I use GoGreen cloth diapers. What kind of cloth diapers do you use?

cemcnair
by Courtney on May. 24, 2012 at 2:57 PM
He's in the fuzzibunz pockets, they really keep him pretty dry. We've had a few pee in the floor incidents as well, oops! Lol!

Quoting Chillisarah:

With my dd we went start to undies and she did well with that.  I am in the process of pottytraining my 21 month old ds and he doesn't ask to go potty but if I ask him he bolts to the potty lol.  But then does nothing until we leave the bathroom and pees on the floor :-/

We haven't switched him to undies yet.  I use GoGreen cloth diapers. What kind of cloth diapers do you use?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on May. 24, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Did it confuse him when you put the diapers back on him for town? I don't want to cause issues!! Thank you!

Quoting JenaSmith:

i didnt do cloth with my son. But when he was ready i went straight to undies. Cause it taught him when he wetted himself and how to know the feeling of needing to go. It was just more laundry. I did try the pull up trainers but there just like diapers. I put them on when we went to town though. I also carried a extra set of clothes when we put him in undies. But once he learned to go he has been going ever since. He was super easy to train and i hope my 6m old son will too lol. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on May. 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Are you thinking about getting the fuzzibunz training pants?

Quoting cemcnair:

He's in the fuzzibunz pockets, they really keep him pretty dry. We've had a few pee in the floor incidents as well, oops! Lol!

Quoting Chillisarah:

With my dd we went start to undies and she did well with that.  I am in the process of pottytraining my 21 month old ds and he doesn't ask to go potty but if I ask him he bolts to the potty lol.  But then does nothing until we leave the bathroom and pees on the floor :-/

mommaGof3
by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Trainers were a waist of money for me. We ended up letting the boys run around in underwear. The thing was that in undies they made it to the bathroom better than they dis in the trainers. The trainers they would just pee in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nutmeg101
by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM
I only have girls- so it might be different. Trainers weren't much use. We went to undies, and the first 3 days were hell. After that, they kinda got the hang of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on May. 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I didn't actually know they made them! Lol!

Quoting Chillisarah:

Quoting cemcnair:

Quoting Chillisarah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on May. 24, 2012 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

They are really adorable actually!

Quoting cemcnair:

I didn't actually know they made them! Lol!

Quoting Chillisarah:

Quoting cemcnair:

FuzziBunz® Trickle Free Trainers™

http://www.fuzzibunz.com/TrickleFreeTrainers/

JasonsMom2007
by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:32 PM

We go straight to undies.  I actually took my daughter who just turned 2 to town for the entire day in just panties yesterday because she has been doing so well at home.  She had 1 accident and that's it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN